• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello again

jande107

V.I.P Member
Hey everyone
It's been a long time since I've been on or posted anything. Time and life kind of got away from me. Since I've been gone, I was officially diagnosed as was my little brother. It's been a challenging time lately as it gave me answers to years of questions but it opened up a whole Pandora's box for my brother. I've spent a lot of time with him trying to help him along and found one of his interests is woodworking much like myself. I was able to establish a wood shop in my garage which he and I have spent a lot of time in making some really fun pieces. We already have drafts of our projects this summer drawn up and ready to go. On top of that, he also loves mechanics which has been even more fun. Our 10 year challenge is to build an old american muscle car from the ground up. When he's old enough to move out from our parents house he wants to move in with me and make the work we do into a full time business! I always hear stories about how people with ASD don't usually get along with each other but if anything, it's made the bond between my brother and I even stronger.

Along with the official diagnosis of ASD, I found that the speech troubles I was having before, where I would trip or stutter on a word and my brain would essentially stop sending words to my mouth was being made worse by my anti-depressant. I was moved to a different medication. I still have problems occasionally, but they aren't as severe as they were before.

Last week, there was a police standoff across the street from my house cause some guy went after his wife with a gun. I have my cwp as it's required in my state, but it's also an open carry state and I carry every time I go out. Just so happens this day I was open carrying. I come home and pull up to my house with total tunnel vision not noticing the cop standing three feet from my car with an assault rifle pointed at the other house. I look up and I'm looking down the barrel of several rifles and then I'm full on flying tackle from the side by another cop. I end up in cuffs and totally freaking out, not only because I stared death in the face, but because so many people were touching me. They notice my bracelet that tells people I have ASD (easier to show people than explain sometimes) and leave me in the back of a squad car to cool down. I'm not calm at all. They run my name and permit info, find I'm not who they think I am. Let me out of the squad and cuffs after the standoff (not good results for the other guy, but I won't list details in case anyone is squeamish). I get my gun back unloaded as expected, and told "Next time don't carry a gun in the middle of a standoff". I was not happy and with the mood I was in, I spoke to his supervisor. He was not happy with how I was treated after the incident. I understand why I was tackled and detained. What I don't understand is why I was treated like crap after.

This last year has been full of crazy events for me. I just want some normalcy for once. Is that to much to ask?

Hope everyone's doing well, and I'm glad to be back

Hi jande107

welcome to af.png

Hope everyone's doing well, and I'm glad to be back

You've raised the expected standard for introductions and reintroductions

Heckofa day.

Sort of like..

' the pilot crew ate the fish and only I ate the steak so I was asked to land the 747, after I did that I thought I haven't been here for a while.'

Step up people :)

Welcome back.

New Threads

Top Bottom