• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hearing animal animal communication like it's english?

I'm very connected to other animals and nature. I spend a LOT of time with my horses and dogs, and also a lot of time absorbing and being in nature (live in very natural forested areas, was a Outdoor Educator, Mountain Guide and naturalist, I also work with horses). Most of the time I "hear" animals verbalisations as clear as words and I can read their body language like they are talking to me. Even the sounds of nature (wind, trees, water) feel like articulate non-human communication to me. As far as I can remember, I have always been like this.
I find this odd because it took me a long time to try to understand humans body language and what they really meant, it was like fog was between us... does anyone else experience this with animals or nature?

I have many animal friends :) A squirrel named "Spot", A deer named "Apple Girl" and all sorts of birds including "Baby Crow" and his new girlfriend "Girlfriend". I agree that the ability to connect is so much easier with crows and ravens. The other birds are just too darned busy. Hummingbirds are pretty expressive, especially when you are changing their feeders!

They make more sense to me than most humans do. I connect with them through the eyes and "feel them" :)

I am more animal than human, lol

I'm very connected to other animals and nature. I spend a LOT of time with my horses and dogs, and also a lot of time absorbing and being in nature (live in very natural forested areas, was a Outdoor Educator, Mountain Guide and naturalist, I also work with horses). Most of the time I "hear" animals verbalisations as clear as words and I can read their body language like they are talking to me. Even the sounds of nature (wind, trees, water) feel like articulate non-human communication to me. As far as I can remember, I have always been like this.
I find this odd because it took me a long time to try to understand humans body language and what they really meant, it was like fog was between us... does anyone else experience this with animals or nature?
I struggle to interact with animals. Just as much as I struggle with commuicating with humans. I don't know how to interact with them adn when It's really awkward.

I'm told animals react differently to me. Shy pets come right up to me. Agessive dogs that bark at strangers act like they know me. Wild animals either let me get close to them, or they come up to me.

I'm told animals react differently to me. Shy pets come right up to me. Agessive dogs that bark at strangers act like they know me. Wild animals either let me get close to them, or they come up to me.
I have the exact same problem. It seems like dogs are always coming right up to me for no apparent reason. It never takes any time for them to warm up for me and it's annoying cause it's draining to try to interact with them. because I'm not sure how.

I have the exact same problem. It seems like dogs are always coming right up to me for no apparent reason. It never takes any time for them to warm up for me and it's annoying cause it's draining to try to interact with them. because I'm not sure how.

I did not like it at all when I was little. I would slap at peoples dogs and cats when they got too close. And yeah with dogs I don't know what they want. I know they want to play but I also don't how. I have never wanted a pet. It is too demanding. The wild critters are cool because they still keep a certain distance and still do their own thing. It's like they just don't mind me being around.

I did not like it at all when I was little. I would slap at peoples dogs and cats when they got too close. And yeah with dogs I don't know what they want. I know they want to play but I also don't how. I have never wanted a pet. It is too demanding.
Everyone else in my family does and my sister wants the most high maintenance dogs. So I don't really have a choice.

Everyone else in my family does and my sister wants the most high maintenance dogs. So I don't really have a choice.

I have the advantage of being an only child. My cousin is like a sibling but he's not into having a pet either. The joke between us is he has me to take out for a walk.

I have the advantage of being an only child. My cousin is like a sibling but he's not into having a pet either. The joke between us is he has me to take out for a walk.
yeah you see right now my sister is planning to get a problem dog and expecting to take care of it regardless of my wishes to do it or no.

Anyway, that's kind of funny. Is that when you go exploring around town are you with you cousin?

yeah you see right now my sister is planning to get a problem dog and expecting to take care of it regardless of my wishes to do it or no.

Anyway, that's kind of funny. Is that when you go exploring around town are you with you cousin?

So you have to be involved in caring for her problem dog?

Either my cousin or dad or both. They both enjoy it as much as I do. Either around town or one of the many woodland trails around here.

Yes. l was visited by a cat spirit. It was a cat of a friend l know. It was very highly unusual. l felt very humbled by the experience. When l came to say my good byes, it was so loving to me. Sadly, this cat had to leave his human companion. It was a painful time. l remember staying in a haunted hotel in San Antonio. l heard a little dog barking in the hall. The front desk said no animals were allowed. It's called the Menger hotel. It has 32 to 45 ghosts. If you Google Menger hotel haunted, it has a great history to read. It was built on a famous site. It suffer a huge fire. Has a underground area. The dining room is beautiful. The lobby feels so grand. It has a time capsule feeling. l remember feeling in awe of the place.

Last edited:
So a while ago I was eating outdoors towards dusk and a rabbit came out of the bushes and looked around. Like "is it safe to come out and graze?". I made some clicking sounds with my tongue and it started coming right towards me and stopped about ten feet away and started grazing.

Have they thought about the fact that dogs need to be taken out for a walk? Or will it be isolated to the backyard?
They have thought about it. I'm sick of people expecting me to go along with everything they want but ignoring my needs and wants and then calling me selfish for expressing my dissatisfaction. I'd have enough trouble remembering to take the dog out for a walk long enough to take him out for walk. The first dog has seperation anxiety issues. I told them that getting a dog before we are settled in with the move was a bad idea but they didn't care. Now that we have a dog they want to get another one I'm going to invatibely have to take care of for extended periods of time.

Yes. l was visited by a cat spirit. It was a cat of a friend l know. It was very highly unusual. l felt very humbled by the experience. When l came to say my good byes, it was so loving to me. Sadly this cat had to leave his human companion. It was a painful time. l remember staying in a haunted hotel in San Antonio. l heard a little dog barking in the hall. The front desk said no animals were allowed. It's called the Menger hotel.
I heard my grandma's dead dog barking once.

They have thought about it. I'm sick of people expecting me to go along with everything they want but ignoring my needs and wants and then calling me selfish for expressing my dissatisfaction. I'd have enough trouble remembering to take the dog out for a walk long enough to take him out for walk. The first dog has seperation anxiety issues. I told them that getting a dog before we are settled in with the move was a bad idea but they didn't care. Now that we have a dog they want to get another one I'm going to invatibely have to take care of for extended periods of time.

What I'm wondering about is them not wanting you going for a walk anywhere vs you taking a dog out for a walk.

I have quite a good understanding of the cat that lives with me (I don't really like to say, 'my cat', this seems grabby and untrue. She moved in though, so pretty sure she's here by choice ).

Where we disagree often though, is as to whether it's time to snack or eat, she's fairly insistent often that it is, whereas I maintain that if she ate that often she'd be monsta kitteh and as big as a house. She feels this is inappropriately controlling. Another issue can be lap availability, which she may take action over, such as sitting on my notebook or otherwise impeding my tasks. It's not hard to understand her view at such times.

It used to be just as hard to understand other animals as it is to understand other humans, but now that I'm older it's a lot easier to understand animals. I can decipher their body language and vocalizations a lot quicker. Animals also seem to usually like being around me, even some insects.

I always felt like I was born the wrong species as far back as I can remember. I never knew what kind of species I was supposedly supposed to be, just something non human or primate. I used to have this reoccurring dream about jaguars, so maybe them? I don't know.

BTW, the title of this thread made me think of these people who call themselves "animal communicators" and supposedly can literally communicate with animals telepathically. I'm sure maybe there are some real deals out there, but most of the ones I hear about seem to be fraud's. Such as this lady this lady I know is always talking about whenever her dogs act like dogs. "The communicator said the racoon was teasing them!" "The communicator said this, the communicator said that!"

New Threads

Top Bottom