• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

He was one of us ... Aaron Swartz (1986 - 2013)

KassieMac

For anyone who's interested, The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz. He was brilliant; a genius who wasn't looking for personal gain. Everything he did was to make the world a better place, and for that the government bullied him to the point of suicide ... even though he hadn't broken any laws. This is an excellent documentary, I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know someone was realy something, when even afther they die they make an inpact on people (me for exemple). I loved the way he lived his life, work for ideias, for causes.
I think everyone should live like that.

This thread is a year old but I happened to have come across it as I was browsing these forums. I've read about Aaron and have grown to hate the CFAA. It's ridiculously ambiguous and fails to define key terms like "information". It makes criminals out of innocent people and it's just ridiculous. That's not America. I've read about a proposed set of changes called "Aaron's Law" that haven't been implemented to this day. They were supposed to make this law, well...a law. An American law. And why have they not been implemented, I might ask?? It also makes me completely hesitate doing any sort of silly computer pranks (e.g. frozen desktop) to friends because this stupid law might consider them crimes. I know the friend would have never turned me in, but I do NOT commit crimes. Period.

There are some really great hints in here on how corporations and govt institutions operate. And where you fit into all of that.

Took on the beast... didn't get a chance to directly address the public with his later revelations, but did manage to ignite in a flame on the black ooze that is what it is.

R.I.P

New Threads

Top Bottom