• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Having Bipolar Disorder is Annoying

Oz67

I am having severe hypomanic episode, I am frustrated why I can't feel tired and fall asleep. I am taking medications like I am supposed to and it's not helping still.

I think it would be a good idea to talk about this to your doctor. You may need medication dosage adjusted or perhaps change of medication.

It took a lot of trial and error over several years for me to find medication that worked for me without having horrible side effects. I hope there’s some room left to tweak meds for you.

It is important to advocate for yourself though. Psychiatry works by the grace of adequate self-reporting. In other words, you need to proactively tell your psychiatrist the current approach doesn’t seem to work for you, and come up with a new plan together. Get an appointment ASAP and lay your cards on the table.

As an adult, the tweaking of medications is quite normal. But for a young adult, it's harder to ride theose up and downs. So just come here daily and discuss what you need until you get to your appointment. Then when he asks you how is it- you must tell him you are sleepless and about your lows, and @Fino suggested your anxiety in dealing with this and that you may need to up your dosage or try something else. The doctor just doesn't hand you pills and boom it's done. It's a process of finding what works so that you can live your life to the fullest.

As an adult, the tweaking of medications is quite normal. But for a young adult, it's harder to ride theose up and downs. So just come here daily and discuss what you need until you get to your appointment. Then when he asks you how is it- you must tell him you are sleepless and about your lows, and @Fino suggested your anxiety in dealing with this and that you may need to up your dosage or try something else. The doctor just doesn't hand you pills and boom it's done. It's a process of finding what works so that you can live your life to the fullest.

I agree. It's logically makes sense.

My psychiatrist is a woman. I am being bluntly honest. It's a symptom of ASD.

So true of us. Just remember to have patience. And you will get there. Meds do need to be recalibrated also. So if you feel like self-harming, or anger at past issues resurfacing, then think medications, try to step out of yourself and not blame yourself, self-doubt, or turn to doom and gloom messages- which is a normal tendency of younger age or us on the spectrum. I have plenty of experience with that. Lol

It sounds like you are stepping outside of yourself. This is a sign of emotional maturity, and emotional regulation. That's tough to do at any age. This is all good.

I have low self-esteem, envy others better than me, I am suicidal and have irritable thoughts about killing my former bullies. I have been called "Stupid", "Idiot" and a "Loser for having Autism and Learning Disorder.

I once was so gaslighted by those former bullies, that I once believed them and stopped learning all together, because I thought that I will never learn, but they are wrong and learned not to quit.

I hate when people use R word and similar words, I feel deranged and personality disordered after all this.

I am upset, I am sorry!

Today l probably feel a little like you today. But l truly don't wish to hurt anyone. Have you tried Duolingo? I jumped on it today and l am learning more French and Spanish. It's free and easy and many languages to chose to learn. I think learning a language will help you feel better about yourself and think less about those that weren't nice. It does take time, but you focus your thoughts and it takes you away from darkness. My name is Jacienda there. Go sign up, it's free, easy to navigate.

Today l probably feel a little like you today. But l truly don't wish to hurt anyone. Have you tried Duolingo? I jumped on it today and l am learning more French and Spanish. It's free and easy and many languages to chose to learn. I think learning a language will help you feel better about yourself and think less about those that weren't nice. It does take time, but you focus your thoughts and it takes you away from darkness. My name is Jacienda there. Go sign up, it's free, easy to navigate.

No, but I need to learn how to turn my life around.

Okay. Goals. Goals of who you would like to be. I start out thinking of what l want to accomplish. Then l think of it in small steps. And breaking down the cost. Have you thought about some life goals yet?

I'm doing pretty well. Thanks for asking. I hope that you are doing well. I'm trying to learn to live with a kitten constantly zooming around or climbing on me. (-:

I'm doing pretty well. Thanks for asking. I hope that you are doing well. I'm trying to learn to live with a kitten constantly zooming around or climbing on me. (-:
I have never had a kitten as I get shelter cats that are a bit older. I imagine they are a handful.

Having Bipolar Disorder is annoying, because I feel happy for a few months and then become depressed, and wonder if I am contradicting myself, then ask myself if I am really fine forever.

New Threads

Top Bottom