• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Having a physical body IS a full time job.

It sure is. Doesnt freaking work right half the time.

At least there's stuff that can help. I've been on a real self-improvement kick lately, finally getting a real focus going on the exercises that I need to be doing, as per my therapist's suggestions. It has been helping a LOT. Yesterday was the first day in a LONG time where I had numerous periods where nothing hurt. Granted today I'm back to sore, but that's the exercises; every 2 days is a tough routine, and between those is always a day with a much lighter one.

It's quite the hassle. But it at least DOES something.

Still, I'd like to register a complaint with the manufacturer. They could do with some better quality control, maybe it wouldnt damage itself so easily.

It sure is. Doesnt freaking work right half the time.

At least there's stuff that can help. I've been on a real self-improvement kick lately, finally getting a real focus going on the exercises that I need to be doing, as per my therapist's suggestions. It has been helping a LOT. Yesterday was the first day in a LONG time where I had numerous periods where nothing hurt. Granted today I'm back to sore, but that's the exercises; every 2 days is a tough routine, and between those is always a day with a much lighter one.

It's quite the hassle. But it at least DOES something.

Still, I'd like to register a complaint with the manufacturer. They could do with some better quality control, maybe it wouldnt damage itself so easily.

lol, I'd sign a petition.

Are the exercises for poor muscle tone? I had bad posture until a physio gave me a set of exercises.

Well, most of the work is done by the subconscious. Do you think your conscious mind would be able to control the flow of blood, the movement and responsibility of all the cells and bodily functions? The sheer scale of how much time and effort that would take seems mind boggling. If those functions weren't seemingly automated, we'd get nothing done in life.

Ed

Well, most of the work is done by the subconscious. Do you think your conscious mind would be able to control the flow of blood, the movement and responsibility of all the cells and bodily functions? The sheer scale of how much time and effort that would take seems mind boggling. If those functions weren't seemingly automated, we'd get nothing done in life.

Ed

Indeed, thank goodness for automatic pilot! And in the hangar once a day for a few hours for maintenance.

Lifetime warranty my foot. Guess they don't make em like they used to.
Guessing replacement parts are in order....anyone got a spare hip?

Too many meters and gauges to keep track of. On second thought, it would be nice if I could have actual meters I could glance at.

I like the gauges idea, and being on the spectrum, l want a mood finger, l could just look at my finger and gauge my responses.

Sadly yes, it takes me hours of my day to get to a place where my body is not a sheer torment. Hours.

And even then it is not always a guarantee to do more than just dampen the suffering.

Rarely is there a full day where I am not aware of my body and how it torments me.

Aw yes, the pre covid drug free days, I remember. Had come off most all meds, was seeing the massage therapist 2-4 times a month and had gotten so much better with that and the CBD oil alone then BAM, world stopped, stress went sky high and I’m back on pain meds. Either that or unmovable due to pain. Handling pain is not what it’s cracked up to be, I’d rather not but eh, life isn’t all about choices some are made for us.

I agree, sometimes it feels hard to just be human, but that's probably my mental illness talking.

We certainly get the lemons. But there's no lemon law for us. Mine seems to have durability, at least, to somewhat make up for it's unreliability and poor performance.

New Threads

Top Bottom