• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

have you ever written journal entries? what a about planner?

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
I've tried journaling over the years and still do it on occasions.

i don't remember too much about my journaling when I was younger

but i do remember I did write fanfiction in it and draw a lot in it I also use to do sketchbooks
as well.

have you ever looked back on your journal?

what did you write about life stories random stuff maybe all four?

did/ do you keep any of them?

I think when I was Younger in school I kept a planner.

Unfortunately I didn't do anything like this when I was younger.

A few years ago, I got obsessed with fountain pens and inks for a while and for lack of anything else to write, I ended up doing a lot of journaling. I would be too afraid to really read them right now because it was the time in my life a couple years before I finally got diagnosed and it's a pretty dark time in my life. One day maybe I'll read through them and laugh at how insane I was.

Now though, I still have a pen with some scented ink or other and a book handy and I just write whatever comes to mind from time to time. Some paragraphs are about the thing I'm watching or something goofy my cat just did or how I feel about something or some progress I made in my therapy.

Other than that, my therapist suggested I start scheduling my activities for the next day and so that's another thing I've been writing lately. Found that's been a nice strategy to help me to clear some of the items off of my procrastination list.

I also do writing of fantasy/sci-fi but I do all of that writing on computer.

but i do remember I did write fanfiction in it and draw a lot in it I also use to do sketchbooks
as well.

Find it stops and starts. Sometimes l think l should right this down, a intro to a book, a funny experience for comedy, things l should focus on. l asked my friend to start journaling how she feels and how much sleep she is getting. l feel she is on the spectrum, BUT she is in denial sadly. Thanks for this thread. l like your videos. You seem like a neat person to meet!!

I have tried journaling on several occasions but I always lose interest after a few weeks when it starts to feel like a chore. I’m sort of sad I destroyed my teenage journals because when I was in my early twenties I felt like it was just a bunch of whiny stuff. My last journals are about two years old. I was going through a very rough spot in my relationship at that point, so I’m not keen to reread those as I think it’ll make me angry all over again, which would be a shame as my relationship is doing very well these days.

I tried doing a gratitude journal as it supposed to be very good for depression but I’m like everybody else I stop and start.

I've been jounaling for three years now. Mostly because I need to write down and think about what I feel in order to understand it. It helped me learn a lot about myself. For me it's more like I'm collecting data on my current status and then analyzing it. I also write down little daydreams and then look into their themes and motives.

I've actually stopped since comming to this site, likely because I don't feel like I'm bothering people here when I talk about the strange ways I feel. Irl it always felt as if I were just looking for attention.

as well.

Hi Jen! I have used a daily planner for many years and I have kept all of them. I use them for work and I refer back to them a lot. I am looking for things like contact information, how I made the repair in the past, what I repaired in the past, dates and hour meter readings. This is information that makes my job easier. I can see how keeping a journal could help in school, social affairs and many other things. Happy journaling!

I've always enjoyed writing so I've always kept a journal. I miss actual letter writing - used to do that, too. :) Only time I've ever gone back into one has been to find something specific, like where was I on this date. (No, not for legal matters. ha ha) Like when a question come up from a trip and the question came up what was the name of the place..... or where were we when...…. and things like that. My trip journals were the only ones I hung on to. Most, I'd keep for a little while, and it proved helpful when I'd need to go back and remind myself how something was when trying to not repeat a mistake. I always just used notebooks and there have been times that I've just tossed a large box full of notebooks. If I had kept everything I wrote in journals after 62 years, I'd have to have a large storage unit to hold them all because I used to write daily or multiple times a day.
Ove the last several years, I've got notebooks that I write unimportant stuff and can toss, then I have a few journal books given to me as gifts, that I write some things in. Mostly things I've learned about life. One day maybe some of my grandchildren will want to read them. I also have a recipe book that I write favorite recipes in. I know my daughter will want it when I'm gone so I'll add little anecdotes or memories on a page here and there to make it fun.

New Threads

Top Bottom