• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever wished you had someone to text?

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
With my newly found free time, this is the first idea that came up!

It's kind of like therapy, except I'm not legally able to offer counseling services because I don't have a license yet.

"It’s simple. Sign up for a monthly subscription, and we’ll text each other! You can text me as much as you want, but I can’t guarantee I’ll answer as much as you’d like. I’ll do what I can! This is your opportunity to form a relationship that is all about you with someone who is unconditionally positive and supportive."

Contact me privately if you are interested in knowing particulars, including fees.

Last edited:
Texting is long and not easy on the old fashion flip phone I have.
I see the smart phones have a key pad that comes up on the screen and people can text very quickly
using their thumbs.
That would probably be a nice thing when you want someone to talk with and no one is there.

But, I'm not getting a smart phone.

I think you probably need a youtube channel or something and see who's interested, there's quite a few therapists on there, they have some free content but if you want to see them you can. They have patreon for donations I think. Not super sure how it works, but it's advertising.

With my newly found free time, this is the first idea that came up!

It's kind of like therapy, except I'm not legally able to offer counseling services because I don't have a license yet.

"It’s simple. Sign up for a monthly subscription, and we’ll text each other! You can text me as much as you want, but I can’t guarantee I’ll answer as much as you’d like. I’ll do what I can! This is your opportunity to form a relationship that is all about you with someone who is unconditionally positive and supportive."

Home - A Friend to Text

The idea is pretty good, and you would seem like a pretty good fit for someone I know who needs another to hear them out in a more one-to-one way, based on knowing you through all your forum posts, and I would even consider such as well, as I relate to your abilities, interests and ways of expressing, but one recommendation is you allow email as an alternative to text. Some hate texting, or do not have that capacity. I and those I know love emailing as we feel more free to take our time and elaborate further.

No. In fact, the only people I have on my phone are relatives. Texting is a nightmare. Here is a good clip to enjoy on why never to start.

I dislike texting and email. I will talk on the phone to someone I know. Otherwise I would rather talk face to face. There is much less chance of misunderstanding this way.

Texting is almost impossible, I have monocular vision (double) in each eye - so yeah, like it sounds 4 of everything. Two, plus their shadows. There are people who know but ignore this and will send me long text somehow thinking they will be the exception? Somehow I will magically be able to see their text but not others?! I tell them, but they are too stupid to get it. I have no idea what the text says and don’t care.
Flashing emojis can send me into a seizure, I’ve told people this yet they will continue to send them?. I hate the phone, when my husband is with me my phone is in my faraday bag (invisible) have no use for it.

The answer is nope, I do not wish I had anyone to text and will gladly give you some of the one’s that want to text me lol!

We do not use facebook or twit in our home. If we like you then we will have your address and phone number and you will have ours.

Texting about personal stuff is like putting your whole life out there on Facebook. Your phone number traces to your real identity almost as much as your real name does. Don't do it! What a trap. You will encounter sociopaths and it isn't hard for them to find out where you live.

Aren't there advice websites you could join and establish a good reputation on? Yahoo answers is closing soon, I hear, better enjoy its last moments.

New Threads

Top Bottom