1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured have you ever attended a protest?

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Aspergers_Aspie, Sep 6, 2020.

1. SimplyWandering

SimplyWandering Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, There was a recent study done that shows BLM protests actually does not lead to coronavirus (2 studies, and the parameters are rather vague so take it with a grain of salt)...

The fact that a large population of People dont want to go has staved off the spread of the virus at the rallies :confused:o_O.

2. Gerontius

Gerontius Active Member

So does activism confer immunity or something? I don't believe this for a minute. CovID don't ask who you are. CovID don't care.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SimplyWandering

SimplyWandering Well-Known Member

The study seems to indicate that the people who have covid are not the ones attending the protests.

... I would have to see quite a few studies with valid research and data To believe this drivel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kit

Kit Well-Known Member

Nope, I have not. I never knew when they were going to happen so I had no way of attending them.

Now with social media, I still didn't attend because of the corona and police brutality. I don't have the proper equipment.

5. MyLifeAsAnAspie

MyLifeAsAnAspie Member

I went to my first protest last year at age 62. It was Greta's Thunberg's climate strike rally in NYC. I went with 3 others, 2 of them also Aspies. I didn't even think about the crowds and noise being problematic for the 3 of us and we seemed fine with it. I wasn't aware of ND and the growing ASD community until Greta's positive attitude about being an Aspie prompted me to look into what was going on. I have known that I'm an Aspie since I was in college.

Climate Strike.jpg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020 at 8:52 PM
    • Friendly Friendly x 1