• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have to drive mom to her 16 Feb colonoscopy...

oregano

So buzz off!
V.I.P Member
and as y'all know I was supposed to leave early the next morning, but I can't do that since I have to make sure that she will be medically ok. My uncle was gonna take her but they found polyps on his colonoscopy and he has surgery on 10 Feb, and my aunt will be tending to her husband and won't be able to check up on mom. So I hope to leave on 18 Feb but I may have to put it off until 22 Feb. I haven't even told her that I was planning to move on the 17.

The time will come when you can leave and feel good about doing it. Please do tell your mother soon, face to face, of your plans and stand firm if she tries to change your mind. Assure her that you will be visiting her, that you want her to visit you, and that you will be talking/texting to her on a regular basis. Also tell her that if living alone as you plan does not work out for you, that you will be back.

You're at a crossroads in your life. Please don't take the wrong turn, get hopelessly lost, and regret your decision forever.

Anything new is scary at first but after 2 weeks you will know that you made the right decision. Are you feeling doubtful at this point? Maybe an option is to live a month there. Then stay a month with your mom. Then stay a month in the cabin. And so on.
Change in our life can be stressful. My schedule changes every week. And l hyperventilate every time the new schedule comes out. I love set days and times, but this is out of my control.

I am waiting to tell her until the final two things I will need arrive in the mail-I will be ordering them off Ebay. After I have everything I need I won't be vulnerable to her trying to stop me by intercepting the packages or failing to leave the gate open so I can receive them. I am not having doubts about the move itself or anything like that. I simply had to move it back one day because I unexpectedly had to drive my mom to her colonoscopy.

Oregano, I don't know where you live, but in the US, it's possible to get rides to and from medical appointents. Now most clinics won't discharge a patient to a taxi service, but want someone to stay overnight with the patient. Overnight is enough! Why would you need to stay longer?

Well, to clarify: I plan to leave VERY early on the big day, like maybe 2 or 3 am, so I can be in Medford by the time the shed company opens (8:30), then go to Home Depot (big box hardware store) to buy some things I'll need, then back to Yreka to buy a special shovel I'll need. Then I have to dig 9 9in deep holes and place the concrete footings in them, then put down pave stones in between so I won't have to worry about small animals making a home underneath. By the time I finish all that it will likely be sunset and I'll rent a motel room in Yreka. The next morning the shed will arrive.

I have a lot of stuff I am taking up there, and want to load it in the car the day before. But given that I will have to take mom downtown on what would have been the day before, and that when the car is loaded there will only be room for the driver, I will have to load it the next day then take off on the 18. Also I will have to bring the family wheelchair along so that I can wheel mom into the house and to her bed after the test.

New Threads

Top Bottom