• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have just applied to Lidl in Sheffield

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
For part time work at their Southey Green store, applied online via my mobile, and did the online assessment, it was considerably quicker and easier than the one I did for Tesco a few months back.

I think I did well on the assessment and might get a face to face interview, Southey Green's a bit of a pain to get to but I'll sort that.

Well that's some good news! Hope you'll get your hours from these guys.

Yeah I just need to Google the post code for it, which would be s5 something, and then go on travelsouthyorkshire.com to find the Bus times to it.

In general, how is public transportation out your way? In my area, Philadelphia, PA, I am at least blessed with having a regular and reliable bus route. When going to and from work, I really prefer public transportation to driving. By the time my shift ends at 8:00am, I am too tired to want to drive and its nice to have a bus doing the work for me. :)

In general, how is public transportation out your way? In my area, Philadelphia, PA, I am at least blessed with having a regular and reliable bus route. When going to and from work, I really prefer public transportation to driving. By the time my shift ends at 8:00am, I am too tired to want to drive and its nice to have a bus doing the work for me. :)

In Sheffield, England the Busses used to be good, but since privatisation they're not so good.

Blame the Bus companies and the UK government.

In Sheffield, England the Busses used to be good, but since privatisation they're not so good.

Blame the Bus companies and the UK government.

In the states, the bus companies run mostly independently of government but highly regulated and subsidized. Full privatization is terrible because bus companies eliminate routes that don't generate money because companies really are not in the business of altruism. That is understandably frustrating. Hope you can find something workable that will allow you to work at Southey Greene. What would you be doing there?

In the states, the bus companies run mostly independently of government but highly regulated and subsidized. Full privatization is terrible because bus companies eliminate routes that don't generate money because companies really are not in the business of altruism. That is understandably frustrating. Hope you can find something workable that will allow you to work at Southey Greene. What would you be doing there?

Working in a "budget" Supermarket.

I applied to Tesco a few months back but failed the online assessment.

Shame that, there's a 24 hour Tesco literally round the corner from my Flat.

Working in a "budget" Supermarket.

I applied to Tesco a few months back but failed the online assessment.

Shame that, there's a 24 hour Tesco literally round the corner from my Flat.

What did the assessment consist of? If they are psychological style questions, just give them the answers that they want to hear. I do this all of the time because I think these assessments are discriminatory and really feel that they DO NOT accurately predict someone's ability to work well. Instead it's all about money. The company that makes these assessments markets them as a "better way to screen candidates" and make quite a livelihood out of it. Typically, HR departments fall for this marketing and it causes them to overlook good people. In fact, evidence suggests that these assessments do not guarantee a better candidate at all. I'll bet had Tesco given you the chance, they might've gotten a good, decent, hardworking person.

What did the assessment consist of? If they are psychological style questions, just give them the answers that they want to hear. I do this all of the time because I think these assessments are discriminatory and really feel that they DO NOT accurately predict someone's ability to work well. Instead it's all about money. The company that makes these assessments markets them as a "better way to screen candidates" and make quite a livelihood out of it. Typically, HR departments fall for this marketing and it causes them to overlook good people. In fact, evidence suggests that these assessments do not guarantee a better candidate at all. I'll bet had Tesco given you the chance, they might've gotten a good, decent, hardworking person.

Yeah, and the local Tesco would be a LOT easier to get to than Lidl in Southey Green.

I still have yet to hear back from them, but according to a Facebook post from the Star, the shop got crashed into last week, could be closed for up to 6 weeks.

New Threads

Top Bottom