• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have A Thing For People Wear Glasses

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
I always had a thing for people wear glasses. In this case females. Having trouble to explain in words why.

I'm curious who else have a thing for people that wear glasses?

I absolutely have a thing for (men) with glasses. Tattoos are also a plus.
It could be because I'm attracted to guys who are intelligent and/or nerds, and the glasses enhance the intelligent/nerdy look.

I wear glasses, but I'm attracted to women wearing shorts and sandals (especially with socks, I don't know why). Doesn't matter if they wear glasses or not.

I wear glasses. I've never really thought that people might find them attractive, as the majority of things you see are about how much better you'd be if you didn't wear glasses. For example, all the adverts for contact lenses and laser eye surgery - they're all "my life is so much better/easier/more fantastic without glasses"...like it really makes any difference. These people are mostly just too vain to wear glasses. Other than that, things like films and TV shows where someone is viewed as nerdy/dowdy/boring and then magically you take the glasses off and they're a bombshell...if they were that gorgeous then surely just having a pair of glasses on wouldn't somehow shroud that entirely?

Could it be the "naughty secretary" fantasy that plays on your mind when you see a woman with glasses? I hate having to wear glasses. My eyes are my best feature so glasses obstruct the view of them.

My eyes are my best feature so glasses obstruct the view of them.

Me too, but I prefer being able to see. When I first had to start wearing them at 14, I was used to everything being blurry, so I wouldn't wear them. Now I'm so used to being able to see that it irritates me no end not wearing my glasses.

Me too, but I prefer being able to see. When I first had to start wearing them at 14, I was used to everything being blurry, so I wouldn't wear them. Now I'm so used to being able to see that it irritates me no end not wearing my glasses.
Same. I can't stand everything being one big blur, so I just suck it up and wear them lol.

I never got used to glasses, and always hated them. I had my eyes zapped about 7 years ago, which was a great move.

I got better than 20/20 within a week of the OP.

Age related presyopia has me wearing glasses, after a lifetime without. It's annoying, but I just "salt the ground with cheap readers" (have some in every room) and spring for some nice progressive lenses every couple of years.

I have fun with frames and colors, too!

In the back of my mind I think it might represent "studious." I'm attracted to intelligent, well-educated women. When I was on the dating sites I began to notice that nearly all the women I dated were teachers, professors, or principals. I ended up with the principal. :)

I used to wear any old cheap sunglasses mainly for driving. I bought some fairly expensive prescription sunglasses because my girlfriend thinks they are "hot" and "sexy." I wear them for her and reap the benefits. :D

I'm attracted to girls who wear glasses for sure. They come off as more nerdy and intelligent. I'd like to think that matches myself. I also think tattoos are attractive. What it usually comes down to is something small though, like the way she pulls her hair behind her ear or the way she shyly looks away and smile. It's always something random that especially attracts me.

That being said, if she isn't actually intelligent, I lose all interest.

Hi from Scotland , got shorts , socks and sandals too !;)
IMG_1132.JPG

I often find myself feeling more attracted to both real people and fictional characters who wear glasses.
source.gif

Mirai Kuriyama (Beyond the Boundary)

tumblr_inline_nr684u9zNM1txlwvy_500.gif

Rei Ryugazaki (Free!)

546e86673aefc150d5b5e82d6e9243de68eeeb2b_hq.gif

Yuki Nagato (The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato)

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f504f7364504b5f385a30334f4a413d3d2d3339353032333933372e313462326638376431656235323665393435353437393538363532342e676966

Yuri Katsuki (Yuri On Ice!)

New Threads

Top Bottom