• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fidget Spinners?

I've also recently did this video over a week ago which is about Stimming on my autistic YouTube creator channel, "Aspie With Attitude".

I also talk ba lot about fidget spinners too, please check out this video let me know what you think?

Fidget Spinners that are also squishy>

upload_2019-3-27_15-36-33.png

"...animals whose eyes that pop WAY OUT every time you squish and squeeze them! These...fidgets are...for fidgeting, finger strengthening, and developing fine motor finger skills. [a] fun sensory toy and/or a unique finger strength building tool for home, travel, waiting rooms..."

Jiggily Poppin Animals | Autism Specialties | Jiggily Poppin Animals from Therapy Shoppe Mini Eye-Poppin Monsters | Animal Poppers | Fine Motor Special Needs Sensory Toys

First thing I thought of when I saw a fidget spinner for the first time was those climb carts. I don't have one, as with most things that are popular with most everyone else.

My ex's kid had one, never seen one before. She told me she wanted it quiet, so I put silicone grease in the bearings. Then she said I ruined it.

A close fitting sleeve over a bolt works too, and it's smaller. Just keep it in your pocket.

Have you seen one in person? It would be worth the money but it would depend on how it felt in the hand. You know, it would have to feel substantial and smooth moving.

Kinda scary looking! I was thinking, "Why are they so... something?"

Then I read there at the top something like, "MAKE IT BOLD"

I'm not bold.
Once, there was a grasshopper in my room, near my computer, so I said, "I guess it's the grasshopper's room now," and I left for several hours.
It was gone when I came back.
Moral of the story: I can't buy one of those things.

Those really are cool. Not only are they a bit expensive, also I can't wear anything metal.
I do have 2 fidget spinners - a regular sized one for my right hand and a smaller one for my left hand.

My first thought when I looked at it was that I’d never get my hair out of its teeth!
Probably couldn’t take it on a plane either, it’s like a decorative army knife, kinda.

I actually have a bunch of fidget spinners - the high-end metal ones. I used to do metalworking myself, and appreciate well-made metal objects. I keep a couple of them at my desk and spin them every so often.

Alas, I no longer have access to a machine shop or I’d make one.

I have a spinner that I like the best, but it's not the spinning - there are metal marbles in the center and in the center of the blade thingys. I like rolling the marbles around between my fingers. I like the way it feels when the rolling of marbles within the immoveable surfaces. Hard to explain.

Oooh I love fidget objects.

I love the infinity cube. I have one of those, and I also have three fidget cubes and one fidget dodecahedron. I have two 216-piece sets of magnetic balls.

I bought these magnetic Euclidean cubes, and they are fantastic and hard to put down once you start playing with them:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FF7H9CV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use Play-doh when I want soft textures, or gel squeeze balls.

I'm always looking for more fidget objects to add to my collection so I won't get bored of any one of them.

I recently had one, and I got rid of it. I tend to get trinkets and love them, then burn out easily.

I actually don't understand these at all. I've tried fidget spinners and they don't seem to satisfy the same itch that yo-yos and fingerboards might be able to, although I'd honestly feel just as weird pulling any of those things out of my pocket in public.

I guess it's missing that 'potential failure' element for me, or something. There's no endorphin rush of landing a trick or pulling off a move, since all it really does is spins. I like the idea, but there's no feeling there for me.

New Threads

Top Bottom