• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone been successful on SpectrumSingles.com ?

guitarandtattoos

[Prog Intensifies]
It's a dating site for people on the spectrum. You fill out a huge questionnaire and it will match you with people with a similar personality type. It bases the questions off of issues with being on the spectrum. It seems interesting and I made an account.

I've tried it; it's more or less a Ghost Town. There's also the occasional Bot (sends out typical messages or comments on people profiles e.g. "oh hey there <Name>, you're in <town> too? I'm always down for a good time" and similar crap to that.)

imo, don't bother with it

Though I definetly see a huge lack in means to find people with mutual interest (not as dating) in eachother locally

To be honest I've had more matches on POF, trouble is most of the good matches live a long way away so logistically meeting up for a date would be a nightmare.

I don't think I would want to be matched with people who have similar difficulties. I would like to be matched with people who are interested in the same things so we have some fun stuff to talk about, and it would be good if we could help each other cope with our difficulties.
I don't know any good social sites for making friends with similar interests anymore. The two I used to go on have closed down.

I don't think I would want to be matched with people who have similar difficulties. I would like to be matched with people who are interested in the same things so we have some fun stuff to talk about, and it would be good if we could help each other cope with our difficulties.
I don't know any good social sites for making friends with similar interests anymore. The two I used to go on have closed down.

@Kyou Nukui Never thought of it as matching with people with similar difficulties. More so matching with people who can understand me and understand my ways or feelings easier from personal experience. Dating has been a hellspawn for me. I'm more interested in finding compatibility in the things that I dislike or issues I have then things like hobbies.

Hobbies and Interests may be the best for the times when each person needs some space in a relationship which may be often. I'm pretty sure I'd never find a chick that loves playing guitar or practicing music and stuff as much as me and if she did she would drive me nuts because that time would always have to include her..

there's always MeetUp.com; supposed to be good for making and finding events in whatever area you're in, never used it myself however

Not big on online dating but different strokes for different folks I guess. Just be careful is my suggestion.

New Threads

Top Bottom