• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hard Game coming out.

These cinematic trailers always bother me. Just makes me instantly distrust whatever game they're about and expect it to suck. Like, if you guys are so good at making games... why dont you show the actual freaking GAME instead of the little movies inside of it?

Now that being said: Frostpunk, I am actually familiar with though I havent played it myself. It's been out on Steam for quite awhile. Cinematic trailers are untrustworthy, but for this specific game, seems it turned out nicely.

For anyone bloody confused by the trailer: It's a "city builder" sort of thing (complete with the usual overhead view), just with a very different theme than usual and some different mechanics. It's not an action game or a shooter or anything like that. Kinda reminds me of Anno in some ways, but not in others.

It's one I might pick up at some point, but... at the same time there's a whole Anno game I dont have yet, so that'll likely come first, when I want a city builder experience.

Surprised to see it coming to PS4 though. This genre is one that's normally never associated with consoles, being designed for mouse & keyboard.

Thank you! I had no idea what the gameplay would actually be if that's the scenario in which it takes place.
Its literally building the city? Is it like Mine***** where you literally live as an unpaid cyber-builder, or is it like you're just the president and just give orders?

I'm afraid I don't play anything cerebral lol. I just tap along to cheerful rhythms, and that can occupy me for hours. :oops::)

Thank you! I had no idea what the gameplay would actually be if that's the scenario in which it takes place.
Its literally building the city? Is it like Mine***** where you literally live as an unpaid cyber-builder, or is it like you're just the president and just give orders?

I'm afraid I don't play anything cerebral lol. I just tap along to cheerful rhythms, and that can occupy me for hours. :oops::)

Hm, for examples of that sort of game if you're curious, look up Cities: Skylines, Tropico, Anno 2070, or the classic Sim City.

Easier than me trying (and failing) to explain how it works. But it's the same general idea as those games and the way you interact with the game will be extremely similar.

So you're like the prez' giving presidential orders, then. :p
I wonder what the attraction of that would be? ;)
We like optimised systems and we like optimising systems? :)

So you're like the prez' giving presidential orders, then. :p
I wonder what the attraction of that would be? ;)
We like optimised systems and we like optimising systems? :)

Something like that. Though there are games that are even more about that concept than this.

For the ultimate example of a game about the concept of "optimization", look up a game called Factorio.

Own it and it's a pretty good game if you like those sort of management/builder games.

My problem with it though is that it couldn't hold my attention for long. But then again I find medication affects how long I can play games for nowadays.

I've always been quite keen on Crusader Kings 2. A grand strategy game set in the medieval times.

These cinematic trailers always bother me. Just makes me instantly distrust whatever game they're about and expect it to suck. Like, if you guys are so good at making games... why dont you show the actual freaking GAME instead of the little movies inside of it?

I always wait for the reviews and gameplay to be revealed. I enjoy the trailers regardless because there always better then the game its showing. Speaking of which PlayStation has a new trailer out.

LOL!

I saw the title of this thread "Hard game coming out" and thought it was going to be about your struggles in opening up and telling people that you're gay/bi/trans or the like.

Seems to be some kind of survival/builder game? Could be interesting if mechanics are implemented well, although I never played it myself.

Some gameplay itself in anyone is interested:

Looks quite nice. Like a... survival city builder. Who would have guessed?
Cinematic trailers are interesting but it's always better to wait for gameplay shots and reviews before getting something.

New Threads

Top Bottom