• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Happy Valentine's Day!

Rasputin

ASD / Aspie
V.I.P Member
Okay guys, don't forget that it is Valentine's Day! If you don't have someone special in your life, offer to treat someone to a coffee or hot chocolate, buy some cookies or chocolates you can share with coworkers. Do something to make someone feel special!

Who knows, someone might take notice!

Always disliked Valentine's Day. Called it a fake holiday. Maybe because I never had a girlfriend or a Valentine from a girl growing up.

Happy Valentine's Day to everybody! Even if it's just a fake holiday, and not everybody has a partner, let's face it ... it's February and kind of a miserable time of year (especially if you've been following the news) and anything involving candy and flowers can't be all bad. If I were single right now, I think I'd buy myself a box of candy and I have (even though married) already bought myself a miniature rose bush as my Valentine's Day present!

My parents got married on Valentine's Day. Today is their 50th anniversary. I don't see it as just a day for romance. I see it as a day to show love and appreciation for family members and friends as well.

And this "fake" holiday is originally meant to honor the memory of Saint Valentine in Italy. Back in that era soldiers were not allowed to marry, but a lot of men and their sweethearts wanted to be married before the men went to war, so Saint Valentine had them wed illegally. At least that's one of the stories of why Valentine's Day traditions got started, anyway.

Celebrate St. Valentines Day? Ok. February 14, 1929.

RIP-

Pete Gusenberg
Frank Gusenberg
Albert Kachellek
Adam Heyer
Reinhardt Schwimmer
Albert Weinshank
John May

"Only Al Capone kills like that." - George "Bugs" Moran

One could send lots of flowers I suppose...just don't bother sending any candy. Certainly not a memorable holiday for me either. o_O

Last edited:
My parents got married on Valentine's Day. Today is their 50th anniversary. I don't see it as just a day for romance. I see it as a day to show love and appreciation for family members and friends as well.

And this "fake" holiday is originally meant to honor the memory of Saint Valentine in Italy. Back in that era soldiers were not allowed to marry, but a lot of men and their sweethearts wanted to be married before the men went to war, so Saint Valentine had them wed illegally. At least that's one of the stories of why Valentine's Day traditions got started, anyway.

Nice post, and informative! Happy Valentine's Day!

Tonight (errr... last night, it's now 12:30 AM of the 15th :p) I went to a youth centre for low income kids and served supper, then I went to torture myself at a local event where I took the above photo, just about the only good photo I took, there is another post about that...

I'm up now. It's raining.

Gonna buy my friend breakfast. She deserves it.

Starbucks here we come!

:coffee::shortcake::coffee::shortcake::coffee::shortcake:

I was shocked as I did get flowers and an expensive dinner from the guy I live with.
Then we looked at a store that sells crystals and rocks, (my special interest to collect)
and they had a big tray of hearts carved out of different stones. He bought one for me.
Fits in the palm of my hand. Nice fidget soother.
Fotolia_79247204_S.jpg

It was one of my best Valentines day. I went to Friday Night Prayer which except for my friend Brian there were all single woman there. We prayed I got prayed. It was a powerful evening.

Last edited:
Hopefully someone way smarter than me will step up and tell us all about greeting cards and corporate invented holidays and all that. Who the heck was valen or whatever, dude was not same valen as on Babylon Five, this i know.
I have woken up tangled in blankets with some one beautiful before on this day. This year its just me and the cat. The cat is actually a better cuddler, she is warm and patient and lets me hold her, and she purrs.

I am going to honor the day. I will make a little bit more of an effort with hygiene and self care. I am going to bake a stuffed chicken. I will dress with care. Then i am going to get on the phone and reach out. Lots of lonely people out there. Maybe it will be a good day anyways.

Happy Valentine's day! Me and my best friend used to call it our "clan's" special day and go out to eat something sweet. Obviously we couldn't this year but i plan to buy her a cake this year to not skip the tradition!

New Threads

Top Bottom