1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Handicapping 2020 US Election

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by SteveNomad, Nov 8, 2019.

1. AloneNotLonely

AloneNotLonely Well-Known Member

I'm not even on social media. I don't read anything on there, so your assumption is so wrong it's funny. I don't care about what Trump did. Every president has been violating the constitution, national debt is against the constitution, the Federal reserve is against the constitution. Don't pick and choose which you want. As long as he does wonky stuff that makes markets move predictably I'm happy.

Fox will support any Republican president, unless we are talking something really weird perhaps. If you want to define media as right-wing it has to support right-wing policy, with no or few elements of left-wing policy promoting. Fox is economically centrist, culturally left-wing and socially centrist. Centrist at best, though more left than right.

2. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

...I wish to point to yesterday's hoofrah involving Marie Yovanovitch's testimony before Congress on the Ukraine. Trump responded by tweeting, basically, that SHE was responsible for the collapse of Somailia because the State Department sent her there:confused:! Trump earlier said that she was going to " go through some things " in a certain phone call. This is not a threat:mad:?
    Defending himself afterwards, Trump said " I want freedom .of speech ". That reminds of how, in his administration's ongoing violation of the Hatch Act, they claim in would trample in their freedom of speech to follow an act previous presidents, Rep and Dem, have easily followed. Rudy Guliani was apparently, with two niw-indicted buds o' his, leading a smear campaign against her in Ukraine...

3. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

...Trump, I gave been reminded recently, aimed to have seen " thousands and thousands " of Muslims in Jersey City, NJ, cheering in the street in 9)11 and has stood behind that. I once thought about moving to Jersey City, I think Rudolph Guliani was major of New York then and he was on 9)11.
    No one anywhere has reported mass cheering in Jersey City in 9)11, I believe. NO ONE! (Yes, yes, there might be some cases somewhere if someone who cheered. Might.) Trump still claims it.
    Regarding the Constitution, Trump considers the Emoulments Clause " phony ". He finds ways to richen himself further, anyhow - and let's put whatever perhaps question able activities Buden's son may have done against Trump's children's activities! Let's compare how many convictions there have been in " Crooked Hillary "'' circle against his many there have been in Trump's oosse

4. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

......In trying to stop New York State from getting his tax returns ?No wonder he's going to Florida:p), Trump's lawyers said that yes, he COIULD shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight and have executive privilege protect him from prosection or even investigation! He. Is. The. President. I imagine most Presidents don't care for party members who are against them, but That''s Our Trumoy says that they are " human scum ":mad:!!!!!!!!!!! However, he described anyone against him as a NeverTrump, though that referred to only Republicans.

5. Xerces Blue

Xerces Blue Evil Overload

I don't think the democrats can win as they keep pandering to the far left estimated to be around 7% of the population.
    And the farther they push left the more the traditional leftists look centralist or even right wing.
    They've gone too far off the deep end and now they get to experience the riptides.

6. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

...Okay, I will rail against Trump some in general here:D. I will also say something about Nancy Pelidi - I lived in her Congressional district for many years (I don't anymore) so perhaps I can claim some " local " insight to the woman whom some pro-Trumpers consider to be the very example of " extreme left-wing " Karlita Marx!:eek:
    Insert " I believe " and " IIRC " over everything here - I haven't time now to look up everything I cite or check every name, but I believe I'm accurate. Likewise, maybe I'll repeat things I've said before.
    In 2016 neither Trump not Hillary achieved a popular vote majority. On the right, the Libertarians were on the ballot in all 50 states and one Evan was on in 9 as a NeverTrumo Republican"s alternative, getting 20% of his native Utah's. On the left, Jill Stein was Green, attracting some of the same criticisms Ralph Nader received after 2000..

7. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

...I will stay with something Trump said pre-his inauguration. He said that, in Jersey City NJ, when 9/12, happened, ' thousands and thousands " - an exact quote - of Muslims were in the streets of Jersey City (a city I thought of moving to once) cheering the WTC's destruction. Trump said that he saw it, and.hot big cheers at a campaign event for saying it, and defended it on TV. This never happened. It did not. (Now, there perhaps were s couple of such cheerers somewhere, but that is not what Trump said. He said " thousands and thousands " were doing this, openly, in just one city.) Trump - who mentioned such a thing at the time, nor were there any.oress reports in 2001 of such a thing - insists that it is true. Do, did the deep state and George Soros and Antifa all cover it up:mad:? Maybe so!
    Trump says that people who are against him are " human scum ':confused:. Repeatedly. His Press Secretary backed his use if this. Let's see, did Obama, in being do incredibly nasty to those pooorrr corporations that all America cried out in anguish STOP! ":p - call corporations that? Or the press the " enemy of the people ". This is dictator language.
    Now, the Reps are defending the words to Ukraine that his representative SSID was a quid pro quo by saying " It wasn't bribery because Ukraine eventually got the money;! " So it was ATTEMPTED bribery)muscling + stopped because of the whidtle-bliwer - whom the Reps endlessly complsin about - and Trump, Jr. announced the (alleged) name of. Trump Jr. apparently complains I his book about persecuted conservatives (& was named as doing wrong in that phony Trump Foundation) - I guess he ignores that Cesar person, who sent working letterbombd to press and political Trump enemies. When he was caught, Rush Limbaugh, etc., announced)suggested that he was a " false flag " fake by them Damned liberals. He was convicted, I am not aware of anyone who said such saying they were mistaken)wrong.

8. AloneNotLonely

You forgot "Oh hi, Mark".

Naturally everyone's response to the allegation in real life was also "Pfft... What?!" "Well... did they?!". Further proof to show that "The Room" has human nature down to the slightest detail.

It's also strange that, even though this never happened, I clearly saw video footage of Muslims cheering right after 9/11. But who knows, maybe that footage was actually taking during a Muslim street party and had nothing to do with 9/11.

Just like this one. Just fun loving people being taken completely out of context by evil right-wingers. Naturally they clashed with a Far Right British group. News at 5, Far Right Conservative Extremists clash with Far Right Conservative Extremists over details regarding the exact precise flavor of Far Right Conservative Extremist views.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

...I am speaking of Trump claiming " thousands and thousands " of openly cheering Muslims in one specific place, Jersey City, New Jersey, which is right across the river from NYC, nothing else. Trumo claims this.
    There were doubtless places across the world where there was open cheering. I was not speaking of them. You were, in fact, not speaking of Jersey City, of Trump's claim of one place, near him, which to my knowledge has never been claimed by anyone else...and it certainly would've been noticed by the NYC members of the news media (or, " enemies of the people ":mad:).
    If you name's Mark, I didn't know that. I'd avoid saying anything that could be seen as ' getting personal " in a sociological disagreement, anyway. I disagree with concepts, I don't say " you're a..." I hope I don't, anyway:D.

10. AloneNotLonely

"Oh hi, Mark" is a joke. About the movie that is simultaneously a really bad movie (certainly not the worst) and one of the best movies ever made. The reason I made it is because you very closely followed "Johnny" (a character from the movie played by the Tommy Wiseau) when he is adamantly denying hitting his girlfriend after she accused him of doing so. Then followed by him noticing his best friend and saying "Oh hi, Mark". Because the segment was removed I was kind of looking stupid (and basicly like Mark, so you did get the right idea).

I honestly don't know about all the weird places with the weird names copied from various places in Europe you have up there in the USA. I wasn't going to have a serious discussion about this, because it's not a big deal who cheered and who didn't. My point was that like every outrageous comment made by Trump, there is usually a grain of truth in there. When Trump says "I saw 7 billion Muslims cheering in New Jersey after the first tower collapsed!", people know it's not 100% true because there's not even that many Muslims in the world, let alone New Jersey. Nobody is supporting Trump because he makes 100% factual statements. They support Trump because he is doing the exact opposite of what every other politician is doing. Every other politician is understating the bad things that non-cisgender non-white non-heterosexual non-males do, while Trump is overstating the bad things. It shows that he isn't afraid of the current climate where everyone that dares point out something bad about a woman, an African, a homosexual, a Mexican, a transgender, a Muslim or whatever is a sexist/racist/homophobe/uhh....deytukurjerbzophobe/transphobe/islamophobe. Politics is never about facts, it's about feelings.

Either way I should've probably just left you guys alone to let you vent about Trump. But I'm a prick that is a stickler for facts and making stupid jokes about The Room whenever I see an opportunity. I'm not perfect.

11. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

...You're a stickler for facts but it's A-OK that Trump lies about Jersey City Muslims cheering 9-11 because ' It's a real insult to all the PC set to lie!!! C,:p
    I imagine, sticking to this one issue, that plenty of people cheering at Trump rallies or just supporters of Trump will agree that he saw thousands and ousands of Jersey City Muslims cheering, etcerera! He said so, they
    will say! I don't think they take it as " ironic ", or whatever!
    I've heard of The Room, I've never seen it or any of the movies about it. Not now rereading the earlier post, but I don't recall speaking of " exotic places named after Europe " except Jersey City, which is in New Jersey...named after Jersey in England by the British colonialists, likewise neighboring New York and the English York that Charles is Duke of - the British colonial part of the H.S. had a lot of places with British place name-derived names, the Spanish colonial part of the U.S. has plenty of places that were named after Spain!
    Some Trump supporters, like on Fox News, go on and on about " The menace of Antifa " as if they're around every street corner! Now, Antifa has, indeed, behaved assholic-ly - In Berkeley and Portland, perhaps nowhere nowhere else!:confused: Maybe , a Fox Olympia and Brooklyn!:D Meanwhile,.a Fox star announced there is no white supremacists group problem in the wU.S....while white supremacists go to Charlotte to wave Nazi flags and chant "Jew will not replace us " and drive to Walmart to kill themselves some Mexicans!:eek:

12. AloneNotLonely

It's a refreshing set of lies, I honestly don't really care to rail against that. The only time I will is if someone is going gung-ho over stupid crap like a border wall because Trump is the second coming of Christ.

And it's not irony. It's hyperbole.

You don't recall speaking of places named after Europe... except Jersey. Which just so happens to be the thing I was referencing. I don't quite understand the reasoning behind making that statement.

And perhaps Antifa is a menace. And 18% of the USA public support them. Support for White Supremacy is around 4% of Americans. So the "problem" of Antifa is over 4 times the size of the "problem" of White Supremacy. So when Fox is mentioning nothing but Antifa, and whatever news outlets you call leftist over there (even though all of them are leftist) are mentioning nothing but White Supremacy, who is closer to the truth?

13. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

.What an absurd comparison! What poll.says 18 percent of the U.S. supports Antifa? Andin what poll did 4 percent say they were white supremacy+supporting, too? Essentially nobody would tell a pollster, I support white supremacy ":rolleyes:?

14. AloneNotLonely

Voters See ‘Antifa’ Protesters Chiefly as Troublemakers - Rasmussen Reports®

This one actually says support for antifa is 24% (favorable view). I found multiple sources when I searched and can't find the other source, but I used the one that underestimates Antifa support as to not cherry pick the highest numbers.

This is a poll I didn't find earlier but did manage to find now:

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/misc/usapolls/us170814_PBS/NPR_PBS NewsHour_Marist Poll_National Nature of the Sample and Tables_August 17, 2017.pdf

It gives an even lower number for Antifa support at 5%. White Supremacist Support is still at 4% here. I think the lack of ambiguity (Other poll was "Very Favorable/Favorable" whereas this poll does not give that option, only Mostly Agree. This is reflected in the 73% that outright disagree with White Supremacy compared to only 24% for Antifa.

Where did they find these incredibly candid people willing to admit that they Mostly Agree with White Supremacy? No idea.

15. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

...I suppose many people would claim they support the leftist/progressive things Antifa would claim to stand for.and not be aware of their assholic actions, which aren't as long-established as the actions that people who are known to support white supremacy/segregation/" White Pride " are known to support. Now...........Oh, and saying you support white supremacy, even(??) when it's called " Euro-American pride " or " race realism " or such, is pretty established as Yup, This Is What It's About!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:...

16. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

I am at a better computer, I can put up links now (painstakingly ~ by letter-for-letter copying the link in this window. I don't know how to click and drag:() So...........
    Here is the poop on INCREDIBLY EXOTIC Jersey City, Noo Joisey:D:p:rolleyes:!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, to hear ANYTHING regarding Jersey referred to as " exotic ":confused::sweatsmile:!:
    Jersey City, New Jersey - Wikipedia
    I'm going to bring up something else Trump did that proves no doubt that I am a Liberal Media Elitist SJW Snowflake probably in the pay of George Soros for objecting to it ~ the Trump University BLATANT FLIM FLAM!!!!! he pulled off ~ and eventually settled on.
    They're articles from the New Yorker from a few years back ~ I've yet to read the second one yet. The first notes that Trump's
    lawyers found a few people who claimed to get good out of Trump University to counter those who sued Trump over it and the testimony by TU employee/s!
    Trump University: It’s Worse Than You Think
    The Enduring Scandal of Trump University
    And, to finish this off...here is something re: Donny Boy's " thousands and thousands of cheering Muslims in Jersey City " claim:
    https://polifact/truth-o-meter/stat...ecking-trumps-claims-thousands-new-jersey-ch/
    In all 4 above, I have only posted once. If they didn't go up, I'm sure there is enough written up there that you can find the respective pieces for yourselves!

17. Nitro

Nitro Admin/Immoral Turpitude Staff Member Admin V.I.P Member

Care to tell me how this affects you on a personal level other than you despising the man?

18. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

...No, I don't like him. I suppose none of them may " personally affect me " - must they, for me to speak? I am bring these examples of dubious - EXTREMELY BAD;)!!!!!!!!!!! - things done by him, to argue.
    I don't wish to get into arguing/ " you're a...," here. Possibly I came close to that above?

19. Nitro

Nitro Admin/Immoral Turpitude Staff Member Admin V.I.P Member

First of all, this area of the forum is not a free for all area to do as you please.
    The staff here will tolerate no arguments whatsoever.
    This is an autistic support forum that the owner decided to let those who chose to use it a place to air some of their thoughts.

I suggest as a refresher, you read over this one more time: Politics Discussion Forum Statement of Purpose

Now, here are my last words on this.

In less than one year, the democratic republic setting you live in will have a chance to vote on who gets to steer the ship next.
    If you continue with your "argument" your time in this area may become restricted.

My suggestion is to back it down a notch before that happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Active Member

I don't feel that I was yelling at people!!!!! The first post you quoted was mostly links to four pieces, three of which covered things Trump did I was registering objection to ~ The other was a joke about this apparent argument that Jersey City, New Jersey was " exotic ". Perhaps that came too close to saying " You're a/\..."? I , JOKINGLY/admitting to possible flaws, said " Perhaps I...? "?
    Now, I was " fair & balanced ":p enough to note, in my intro the the New Yorker pieces, that some Trump University students were found who went on the record as liking it.:cool: Is that not F&B-ness:rolleyes:?