• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halloween

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
What is everyone doing for this years Halloween? I don't usually do much at Halloween. When I was younger I would just visit my cousins and have a firework display. Now that I have friends, we plan on dressing up and going out to a night club.

Anyone doing anything this year?

Visiting the old people's home dressed as Death.:p j/k, I'm not doing much this year, I'll probably be having a few drinks though.

I use to love Halloween...I liked wearing different costumes and looking back on it, it is a good time to be eccentric without drawing too much attention. I also liked the artistic nature of it, with all the decorating and designing costumes, and I found it interesting to observe what people thought was scary versus what actually scares them...yes, I was the kid always jumping out of strange places and scaring family members. I think some of it was related to cub scouts and sleepovers/camping and telling scary stories and watching horror films...seemed the best way to relate to peers in my preteen and early teens.

My favorite Halloween was when I was 18 and me and several friends I worked with drove around town to visit local "haunted" places...like a really old house where a family was supposedly murdered, and old run down water mill, and an old sanitarium. That is probably why I like the show Ghost Hunters so much.

Now, it seems no one I know is really interested in Halloween. I think it is another one of those things where my peers out grew it and I feel odd celebrating it alone...it would be better if I had kids, and could just be the over the top dad...but just seems weird being an immature adult.

Not much - tonight I'm going over to a friend's house to watch zombie movies but that's it.

I loved Halloween with my family because I could use my artist skills with cardboard and papier-mache to make costumes for everyone including me. It was a shame when I became "too old" to dress up and go trick-or-treating as some kind of creature/animal in costume. The year before I left for college I made this awesome spiked carapace for myself.

Last year I went to a Halloween party sort of dressed up as a bat (my means were limited). But the party was not very fun - conversation was crude and remarkably insipid, and then I ended up sitting on the floor bored until I left when things began to get too loud.

New Threads

Top Bottom