• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Had a sudden thought and now it has turned into a reality and well....

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
I have always had long hair and never for one moment, thought about cutting it and when suggested, shrunk back in horror and then, not so very long ago, thought: you know something, I think it is time for a cut, because I am fed up of having to dry it and basically, in bed, often lie on it and it is not nice.

Well, it became a reality and also had it layered and curled ( curls won't stay) and I admit, I could cry, but at the same time, it feels wonderful to know that I do not have to put it up, if I don't want to, but just long enough, that I can put it up if I want to.

I was 15 when I went to the hairdressers for the first time and that was an ordeal and now, close to 50 and finally done the deed.

It is amazing how a change in our haircut or hair style can change how we feel!
Congrats on the courage and hope you like your new do.

I was the same way - long hair from my teens until my 50's. I told myself year after year that long hair and age does not go together, but it still took me another 10 to cut it.

I spent close to a decade growing out and caring for my hair. (It became my special interest for a while.) It was mid-thigh, stunning, I was kind of famous for it.

Slowly it became more and more difficult to deal with, but I kind of didn't notice because it happened gradually. I got fed up, and after considering a pixie cut for a few days (I didn't go through with that - yet.) I got thorougly fed up and chopped my prize worthy mane back to waist, with layers.

I have zero regrets whatsoever. It doesn't tangle at this length, it's bouncy, I can wear it down (and do, when I'm not working), I don't wake up with a braid wrapped around my neck. I can wash it every day, which I prefer because my scalp feels a lot better when I wash daily. It's so much better all around and I decided not to cut it super short yet. I'm really enjoying my hair for the first time in a fair few years.

I had a goal of getting it super short when I turned 30.
Long hair was always a bother to deal with and take care of.
Hot in summer and if all I felt comfortable with was a pony tail, why have long hair?
So I did it and got it super short at 30. My boyfriend hated it.
I've let it grow out to shoulder length where it has stayed most of my life.
Got it cut short again about nine years ago.
Then three years ago, on a bet to see who's hair would grow out to shoulder length or longer first,
I've been letting it grow again.
The person that I competed with was a man in his 50's.
I knew he would win, my hair grows slow. Sure enough, he had his back in a bun long before mine
was long enough to do so.

Now I am getting tired of it again. But, so many people like it shoulder length I hate to cut it all off
short. :(
And the guy looks good with his hair long too! ;)

I am so regretting having agreed to layer my hair. When it was cut, it was to my shoulders and now, above my shoulders and in truth, I feel heavy of heart. However, there were hair things I could not use on my hair and in reality, my hair is too thin to be great long and is much thicker now. Just have to get used to it.

New Threads

Top Bottom