• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Guilty pleasure music.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Where you know it is not that good, but somehow you can't turn away from it. This thread is for those songs that capture that feeling. And here are a few of my guilty pleasures to get the party started. And please remember not to include videos with excessively explicit lyrics - as much as I would love to include The 2 Live Crew in this post, I don't want a ban on my record.

I've no idea what really classifies as a "guilty pleasure" and every bit of music I have doesnt have lyrics in it, so instead here's... whatever this is.

Fits my usually erratic state of mind fairly well.

"guilty pleasure"

"A guilty pleasure is an activity or piece of media that someone enjoys but would be embarrassed by if
other people found out about it. These might be books, movies, TV shows, foods, etc."

"The exact phrase guilty pleasure has existed since at least the 1700s. Around this time, the phrase had a more shameful connotation and was pretty heavy on the guilty aspect. Since that time, the core meaning has stayed much the same; it’s something that a person enjoys greatly, yet makes them feel bad for indulging in. The concept slowly evolved to incorporate more activities that someone would not feel great about doing.

By the mid-20th century, the meaning related to media consumption began to take hold. It wasn’t always used in exactly the same way as it is now, though. At a that time, something could be done with a guilty pleasure. The guilty aspect began to soften and the feelings associated might be better described as indulgent. Sadly, indulgent pleasure isn’t quite as catchy."

guilty pleasure | Dictionary.com

New Threads

Top Bottom