• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings

Cali Cat

Femme Ferale
This is my introductory post. My name is Michelle, and I've suspected for many years that I'm an Aspie. No formal diagnosis, but it just makes perfect sense. I'm a widow (he was an Aspie too), and I live with five cats at my home, and I care for over 10 cats who live on the property of a friend with whom I work. I'm involved in trapping, spaying/neutering and releasing (TNR) the neighborhood feral and stray cats. This seems to be my current obsession and the one thing that is always on my mind. Too bad I can't be this interested in my job ... lol.

I've got a question for the group. I become annoyed/irritated when my significant other (SO) comes up and begins hugging me or showing affection when I'm in the middle of doing something mundane like making dinner, doing the dishes or feeding the cats. Anybody vaguely repulsed by affectionate displays when your mind is focused on the task at hand? How many of you have to be ready to receive the affection before it is met with anything other than a cool response from you? My current SO is the first regular guy I've dated since my husband died, and I don't think I'm well-suited to "regular" people.

Michelle

Welcome aboard! Catch those feral cats! :)
It sounds like he is trying to show his feelings of affection. Does he know you don't like it?
I am okay with this behavior in general, provided there is no light touch or caress.
Here's a welcome painting. Some people call this a cat...

Hi, Rocco. Thanks for the welcome and the painting. Hey! I think I know that cat! :)

My SO knows I'm on the autistic spectrum, so he realizes I don't respond to affection the same way some women would. I think, though, he sometimes forgets that it annoys me when I'm in the middle of doing something else.

Welcome to AspiesCentral :)

Grab a chair and jump in...we are friendly and you should find us to be helpful

Welcome :)

I'm also a self-diagnosed Aspie. I myself love hugs and affection, though there are many others here who can relate to you, I'm sure.

There's a video I posted recently about a massive cat-lover, that might interest you: Cat Obsession | AspiesCentral.com

I've provided a few links you may be interested in as well, in terms of learning more about AS in general.

Resources: Resources | AspiesCentral.com

A book I like to recommend to our female members: Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

Hey Cali cat lady, welcome to our little home on the web.
There's biccies and milk over in the corner and the litterbox just got changed !

Enjoy :p

Welcome :)

There's a video I posted recently about a massive cat-lover, that might interest you: Cat Obsession | AspiesCentral.com

I've provided a few links you may be interested in as well, in terms of learning more about AS in general.

Thanks, Vanilla. I appreciate the cat obsession video. I've seen this man before. I wish I had the abilities to do something like that myself, because I am certainly cat-obsessed! Though, maybe not as bad as some people. I just want to make my pets happy.

I will check out the other links too. Thank you!

New Threads

Top Bottom