• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings

Erek

I'm a 29 year old guy and, despite not being officially or clinically recognized being on the Autism Spectrum Disorder, I do believe I have Aspeger's Syndrome, and that's why I am here.

My main issues, of course, are interacting, establishing meaningful contacts and noticing subtleties and social nuances, especially nonverbal cues (fortunately, most of the time I can notice them and act accordingly). However, I wouldn't describe myself as shy nor suffering Social Anxiety Disorder, just somewhat introvert and only a bit anxious in social situations where I'm the center of the attention (although I can socialize and have a good time with those that share with me similar behavior, interests, values etc.).

I never had a girlfriend, since I'm not good dealing with others, and most of the time I avoided others since I'm afraid of rejection and being mocked.

I only found this forum recently and decided to join in. Before being here, I was on another group, but I left without accounting for, since I lost my interest on the people there and I didn't feel good and belonging.

Last edited:
Looks like you've come to the right place to pursue such a question. Much as so many others here like myself have done. Welcome to Autism Forums.

Welcome Erek, I hope you enjoy it here and find plenty of useful information, ideas and threads that will be helpful. I do not have a diagnosis either but have worked out that I have high autistic traits or Aspergers. It helps to understand that about myself, and threads here have helped me to find strategies around some areas of difficulty or difference. Others are generous with their stories and experience here.

:mapleleaf::fallenleaf::blossom::sunflower::mapleleaf::fallenleaf::blossom:

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

All are welcome here, whether they're NT, Officially/Professionally Diagnosed, or Self Diagnosed!

upload_2019-10-8_15-29-59.png

New Threads

Top Bottom