• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings, from Ziggy's planet!

When I was a child in school, I felt I didn't fit in with the other kids, so I made up the story that I was from another planet. I had a bunch of imaginary friends I designed; I drew pictures of them and claimed they were the people I knew on my home planet. My primary friend was Ziggy. I don't remember the name of the planet, or if it even had one. The other friends were Ziego, Grok, Griggy, and four others I have forgotten. I got the initial idea from an image in Weekly World News showing several alien life forms which all looked radically different, and it was also influenced by pop culture.

I'm not very good at introductions, so I decided I felt more comfortable just launching into a discussion about a subject that interested me.

Anyway, I told people I was from this world I imagined, and that I had come to Earth to observe the people and visit. I drew some inspiration from a film I liked a lot about a boy in school who was very strange and could solve puzzles with blinding speed. It turned out he was really an alien masquerading as a human. I wish I could find that movie again, but I don't remember what it's called.

Ever since then I had tried to find an explanation for why I am so different from everyone else. I never got exposed to other children with autism and I grew up suspecting I was totally alone in my nature, save for some similarity with immediate family members. But after I discovered what autism really is maybe a couple years ago, the pieces all seemed to fit. And after coming to this forum today, I have seen that many of you think, talk, and act like I do. You have "strange" mannerisms that I have. You all make sense to me, and I'll probably make sense to you. I finally feel like I have a place where I belong. I've already heard several people here say things which I think make perfect sense, but which I am sure NTs would disagree with.

Hello & welcome @The Reaver of Darkness .
I drew some inspiration from a film I liked a lot about a boy in school who was very strange and could solve puzzles with blinding speed. It turned out he was really an alien masquerading as a human. I wish I could find that movie again, but I don't remember what it's called.
About how old were you when you saw it?

At the theater or on TV?
I had a bunch of imaginary friends I designed; I drew pictures of them and claimed they were the people I knew on my home planet. My primary friend was Ziggy. I don't remember the name of the planet, or if it even had one. The other friends were Ziego, Grok, Griggy, and four others I have forgotten.
I had a comic book universe to rival Marvel or DC with as many as 300ish heroes & heroines.

Now, I just have a troupe of 184 [as of this writing] more down-to-earth, custom lay figures (for drawing, particularly faces). I have some face-blindness.

Last edited:
Welcome visitor to planet Earth!
Love the intro.
We can both be on the mission as ' watchers ' awaiting the return of the Annunaki. :D
l_ffefb976ea1da7e0c8973957ec5a111e[1].jpg

About how old were you when you saw it?

At the theater or on TV?
I saw it at school, it was shown to the class. I think it was health class in maybe 3rd grade, so perhaps 1992-ish. The film looked to be made around the late 80s or early 90s, with bright color film. It was the kind of B-movie you were likely to find at the public library.

The film took a slice-of-life angle and showed us the kind of struggles the boy might have had, focusing on his interaction with the other students, and his struggle to assimilate and fit in. Little was shown of his truly alien traits and it was generally left to mystery or phlebotinum. One scene I remember well involved him trying to solve an anatomy puzzle: it was a skeleton on which several body part pieces fit on. The boy remained confused for a while, not understanding human anatomy. But once he finally figured it out, you could see a glint of success in his eye as he bounded to work, completing the puzzle in a few seconds.

I'm a visual thinker. Where is the planet exactly? ;)

View attachment 48247
Interesting question. I haven't had much training in this area, but I suspect I need more context. It looks like the lens has vertical artifacts, possibly enhanced. I'm guessing the vertical lines point to the brightest point of the stars in the image. Since the bright star on the mid-left has its cross flare pattern offset from the vertical artifact, I'm guessing it's being occluded by a planet which is just to the right of the vertical artifact, and the cross flare we see is the star's corona peeking out more strongly to the left of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom