• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings from Hungary!

Floo

Hi, I'm Flóra a 19 year old "fake aspie" (most people think I'm just using Aperger's as an excuse to my behavioural issues and meltdowns which they perceive as childish tantrums). I really want a diagnosis but I think I don't have to explain how much of a complex process that is.
I like stationery, writing, photography, gaming, films, anime, music, mathematics, physics, politics and cats.
I have a hard time leaving the house or bringing myself to do work, even though I love the result and the rush finishing things gives me. I also am pretty clumsy (I know, I know, who would have guessed, right? :D ), I had to make the flat child safe to stop hurting myself. The only type of exercise I do is constantly running late.

hi floo,welcome to AC! youve come to the right place people make you very welcome here and its not full of childish drama like other places.
you call yourself a fake aspie but i think you just mean self diagnosed and people who are on the spectrum tend to be very good at getting it right-we often will study ASD religeously, if you believe your aspie and youve studied it and gone through your childhood against all the traits-the likelyhood is you are aspie. unless you prefer to call yourself that way but it sounds unfair on yourself,you are who you are.

something that helps me is writing a blog about my neurological differences,i recommend it floo- it might help you when you eventually get assessed as you could read through it and use the bits about your experiences as evidence.

you call yourself a fake aspie but i think you just mean self diagnosed and people who are on the spectrum tend to be very good at getting it right-we often will study ASD religeously

To be honest I'm pretty confident in my self-diagnosis, but thank you for your support. When I tell people who doubt me even after a long discussion that I want to get diagnosed they tend not to understand why I long for such a thing. To be honest, I don't blame them. Being an Aspie for me is like being a puzzle with pieces perpetually going missing, being replaced or reappearing. But a diagnosis is like that fix piece that's just there, calming you that's it's okay, you're not crazy. You're diagnosed crazy. :D

Greetings
b3d0fe0ecd571417c403370a666a098f.jpg

Hi Floo, welcome! I can relate to your clumsiness, I'm always covered in bruises from bumping into furniture, doorposts and pretty much everything else in my path. But hey, clumsy women are cute by Hollywood standards, so we've got that going for us :D

Jó napot kivánók. En is magyar vagyók. Canadában szuletem. Otvenhárom éves vagyók.

My Hungarian is quite rusty, and I don't 'get' all the different accents, so sorry about the halting attempts at writting.

Greetings! I also have troubles leaving the house on my own. My reason is anxiety based. I've never been told what anxiety disorder I have, I'm guessing it's agoraphobia. My mental health team love hiding things like that. I hate crowds, I hate being away from home on my own and I can't do public transport on my own. I often get the urge to go to the toilet or feel dread, occasionally I'm pinned down at home and I can end up crying at my inability to function like a normal person. So, yeah, fun times!

Greetings! I also have troubles leaving the house on my own. My reason is anxiety based. I've never been told what anxiety disorder I have, I'm guessing it's agoraphobia. My mental health team love hiding things like that. I hate crowds, I hate being away from home on my own and I can't do public transport on my own. I often get the urge to go to the toilet or feel dread, occasionally I'm pinned down at home and I can end up crying at my inability to function like a normal person. So, yeah, fun times!

Hang in there, I know you can cope with it! :)
I don't really like crods either, I had to flee to a nearby wall in a mall in Cracow recently I was so overwhelmed by the big space filled with people. Glad I wasn't alone I would've panicked.

Hi Floo, welcome! I can relate to your clumsiness, I'm always covered in bruises from bumping into furniture, doorposts and pretty much everything else in my path. But hey, clumsy women are cute by Hollywood standards, so we've got that going for us :D
15747539_1197114363717505_1189040824683161033_n.jpg

This is what I had to DIY from a basic sponge to make my bed safe. :D

Hi, I'm Flóra a 19 year old "fake aspie" (most people think I'm just using Aperger's as an excuse to my behavioural issues and meltdowns which they perceive as childish tantrums). I really want a diagnosis but I think I don't have to explain how much of a complex process that is.
I like stationery, writing, photography, gaming, films, anime, music, mathematics, physics, politics and cats.
I have a hard time leaving the house or bringing myself to do work, even though I love the result and the rush finishing things gives me. I also am pretty clumsy (I know, I know, who would have guessed, right? :D ), I had to make the flat child safe to stop hurting myself. The only type of exercise I do is constantly running late.
hello flora welcome to AC IM officially diagnosed i wasnt as perceptive as you greetings from n.e.england

Welcome, Floo!

I think there's a thread called "You don't look autistic" (or something similar) that you will very much enjoy reading.

I love stationery and cats, too. I wish I could have as many cats as I want, but that's not going to happen, so I've resorted to hoarding notebooks and pens, which I then never use for fear of ruining them :confused:

As for the clumsiness... I'm positive there isn't a door frame I haven't met already and had intimate contact with.

On that note, @Bolletje:
Since you're channelling your inner Jennifer Lawrence, I suppose there will be pizza involved, right? Lots of it? Asking for a friend...

I have a hard time leaving the house or bringing myself to do work, even though I love the result and the rush finishing things gives me. I also am pretty clumsy (I know, I know, who would have guessed, right? :D ), I had to make the flat child safe to stop hurting myself. The only type of exercise I do is constantly running late.[/QUOTE

Hi Floo. Welcome to AC!!!

I like cats also. I have two of them. It is helpful to rock them and use that to cover up stimming. They are also a lot of support and comfort. I am also self diagnosed.

There are lots of nice people on this site with support and information to share.

New Threads

Top Bottom