• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings, from Daniel.

Pathfinder

Hey there, I'm Daniel. I'm new to the Forum. Looking to reach out to speak to others with my condition. I was diagnosed 19 years ago, when I was 10. I've struggled some in getting to where I am, but I am still working on self improvement. I'd like to get to know people around here.

I am from Canada. Edmonton. (Which is basically the Canada version of Texas)

Oh and side note. What is the Forums general opinion on Memes? I am rather fond.

Hello Daniel, and welcome.
x11224017_10208045928297088_6464958411018691926_n.jpg.pagespeed.ic.joP0syAT4R.jpg

Hi Daniel and welcome to the community :)

Memes? They can be great when they're cleverly done, but some people aren't so keen.

aviary-image-1552896623738.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

and I think so long as it conforms to the Rules & Guidelines (found here: General Rules & Guidelines) it should be ok, but yes, as another person said, they do tend to get old fast or others simply don't like them

Last edited:
Welcome, Daniel. I’m glad you have joined and appreciate your desire for self-improvement. Your post inspires me and no doubt many others who read your words.

What was your diagnosis? How have you managed these last 10 years? Do you have the opportunity to meet with a therapist? What aspects of your condition frustrates you the most? What aspects of your condition do you feel is positive?

Sorry for all the questions. Once again, I appreciate your post. Keep posting and welcome.

Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum.
What is the Forums general opinion on Memes?
I don't like them, because I so often don't understand what they are meant to communicate, they often refer to pop culture which I don't follow and know little about, and I don't understand why they are often full of grammar or spelling mistakes. Is that supposed to be "cool"? There is often a hidden or implied message that I just don't get., and I can't relate the visual content to the words. I never use them, and if I want to say something, then I just say it. Also, why are they always the same font?

Thank you everybody for your welcoming words. Very kind of you all.

@George Newman I may have mispoke. I was diagnosed when I was ten, but I'm 29 now. So its been nineteen years. I was Diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome before the Diagnosis was rolled into The Autism Spectrum. As for your other questions, I'd have to say that I often feel out of place, as the values and mentality of Western Canadian 1990's are the foundations of a lot of my thoughts. I learn that in 2019, that is not so appreciated by Generation Z and younger folks. So I come across as old fashioned to some.

@Progster That actually happens to me a lot lately. There's always new memes coming up. Whereas my memes usually are quite old news by the time I find / adopt them. But I find Internet Meme Database | Know Your Meme Can generally explain things pretty well. In order to get it to work, type Know your meme (name of meme) into google. That should help.

And once again, thank you for inviting me to the forum. I'll be sure to post a thing or two. See what other people think.

Hi Daniel, Welcome to the forum. It's funny that everyone is jumping on your memes question. For me, they are like greeting cards - each suited to a different taste. I like reading about ASD issues and the ways people handle them. I'm still sifting through my own past to readjust my understanding of my own weirdness and confusion. I'm self-diagnosed Aspergers who went through life oblivious. This forum is a comfort for me. We all help each other.

Welcome Daniel!
I like some memes if they are funny. I think of them as small greeting cards also.
This is a good place to interact with others before I go to bed.
I was diagnosed at age 58.
So there are people of all ages here. Look forward to seeing your posts.

New Threads

Top Bottom