• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings everyone!

CDMcVey

If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask..
Greetings to those that read this post and a deep thanks.

I just recently got my ASD diagnosis coupled with C-PTSD, Anxiety, and Depression (even though I don't feel depressed). I was even tested to have a higher than average IQ which makes this seem all the more frustrating for me. I have suffered everything from vicious bullies to being told I'm "not fast enough" at work, to social interactions being very tedious for me. I tend to stay away from crowds, not liking being in them so going out of the house is actually a huge chore for me.

I have several interests and have thought of doing YouTube full time for my occupation, but I struggle with knowing what to put up since I have an interest in a few things. I lack the social ability to mingle and "properly" fit in which I have long decided that if people don't like me for me then they can leave. However, I long for a good friend, one that I can talk to, connecting with others that are like me on the spectrum, and can understand the struggles. My journey to being diagnosed was actually a very long one and at long last I have finally gotten it. I can't wait to see what this forum has to offer in conversation and finally not having to worry about missing social cues. Besides, I also find being blunt is far better than not. Are you like me? If so, maybe we can be friends? I would love to hear from you and your thoughts!

Hah, you sound like someone I'd get along with pretty easily. Blunt and honest and all that. And I liked this bit: "I lack the social ability to mingle and "properly" fit in which I have long decided that if people don't like me for me then they can leave."

Heh, that's how I've always felt. It's a good attitude to have. You seem like a pretty confident person.

As for Youtube... why not give it a go? You aint gonna be a success overnight, that's for sure, nobody is, but... it cant hurt to try, eh? You can improve over time and there's plenty of people who would be willing to give you feedback.

I'm curious, what sorts of content were you thinking of doing? Anything specific?

Also I see you're a DBZ fan. Same here really. And yes, Vegeta was always my favorite. I'm convinced he has the best overall character development in the entire series.

upload_2020-11-17_8-22-11.png

Here you can let your mask down and be honest and blunt as you want.
Good place to hang out and relax or get out your frustrations.
Lots of various subjects.

WELCOME!

Thank you all for the welcome. As for answering Misery, I was thinking of doing a History of Vegeta, the Unknown Years where he grows up, but then I was thinking of role-playing and how to do that via forums and chats. Then I also do art as well so I was thinking storytime art. I thought of paranormal things that I've picked up over the years, including experiences that are personal. There is a lot that I thought of doing. Maybe I should just do a General? I don't know. I was also thinking of doing body language on Vegeta too since I've delved the deepest on him. I've picked up a few things about him that I've not yet seen on anyone else. Is Vegeta actually autistic????? I'd really have to look in to that. To a point many people think I am a lot like him, blunt, to the point, and tell it as seen. Anyway, hope to get to know a lot of people on here!!

New Threads

Top Bottom