• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Great courses

Ronald Zeeman

V.I.P Member
Any else here into the great courses, love these since i found them about 20 years ago have watched virtually all the math and physics. ones and a few music as my knowledge in this area was limited. also a sprinkling of history including military.

Yes, I have and thought they were very good. I notice there are 100s of them on audio books. I will check out other next time of choosing an audio book.

Any else here into the great courses, love these since i found them about 20 years ago have watched virtually all the math and physics. ones and a few music as my knowledge in this area was limited. also a sprinkling of history including military.

Hi Ronald
Can you please post some links?

I'm willing to give recommendations, a few blew me out of the water. Some of the professors are amazing teachers. One math Professor, was a real out of the box thinker, ASPIE?

Last edited:
I'm willing to give recommendations, a few blew me out of the water. Some of the professors are amazing teachers. One math Professor, was a real out of the box thinker, ASPIE?
Which math Professor, which math course @Ronald Zeeman ?
I find learning math calming. And, the more I learn the more I can converse with my son.

YES MY son's step son just entered grade one and I gave him a copy of This DVD a couple of days ago. It's called "THE POWER OF MATHEMATICAL VISUALIZATION". He uses dots and holes the describe counting adding subtracting, multiplying, and dividing, pure genius the way he does it.

There is an interesting personal story, opportunity lost, by NT's inability to visualize what could have been with this DVD "Mathematical Decision Making: Predictive Models and Optimization."
Just before I retired I purchased this got many easy to implement ideas. Would have cost nothing, could not drum up any interest in the company. If you are starting a career and want to wow your boss and have a bit of programming experience. You could easily put something together, no cost other than the cost of the discs. A bit of work on your part save the employer significant cost increase efficiency.
Absolutely great lectures, you can even see the excitement of the professor, as he teaches. NT's are so short sighted. Could have saved my company millions not as I was retiring soon, plus they threatened to sue me after I left the hospital if I talked about what I did while employed worried their competitors may find out, never signed a non disclosure.

Last edited:
Those interested in music may enjoy this series "Under standing the Fundamentals of music."
I have learned so much from this professor,

Got one lecture to go on linear algebra forty years ago called matrices, when I was in high school, now realized why I had difficulties with math when I was younger. the best analogy is knowing two languages, and having to translate between them. In my case the one language is mathematics the others is seeing things visually, symbols, are not pictures.

Just started a new series of lectures. "the science if information", need this to fill some holes in how I visualize the universe, working. On third disc 2nd lecture he spends the whole lecture speaking about how viruses transmit information. Very informative. just finished the last lecture today. Great for any budding computer programmers, on this site. Filled some holes in my understanding of physics as was expected.

Last edited:
The more I watch these high the more I realize high school was a waste. Currently watching, Understanding the Periodic. I have a decent education in chemistry. this course is excellent. Just finished the second disc twelve lectures.

Last edited:
Finished the last series now, on "The nature of matter", more chemistry. I can easily see how a very gifted student could skip high school, I am just gifted enough to follow. without too much difficulty.

Finished the last set of lectures, Now starting Learning Statistics. this teaches how to use a program called R which is open source and free. I you want to follow what I am doing this will fill in the blanks. math guys computer geeks and even some creative's should like this,easy to follow. Keep In mind I am a older guy, I use Excel.

Just finished second lecture, R seems easy to use, To be up front, I have an advesion to programming. Myers BRiggs INTP/INFP makes me wonder, continuum. If any body here wants a data set I am willing to send my Excel files to any one that asks.

Running out of steam watching watching the statistics CD's on 3rd disc, 6 lectures per disc too much review great for someone starting out.

New Threads

Top Bottom