• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Grammarly??? Grrr...

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
I thought I was being smart and doing myself a good service. They now have Grammarly for Safari/iOS... So I got it and installed it. It worked on here one time, but wouldn't let me post anything???

I turned it off, and now my normal spell check doesn't work at all... So wow thats a nightmare waiting to look like a fool...

That was kind of a screw up... I guess I will uninstall it and see if I can get things back to normal... Unless any of you know what I might have missed in this supposedly good addition in my most excellent messed up life...

If you have Grammarly and can help me it would be great... If not I will just uninstall it I guess. So far thier tech support hasn't responded... Is that a suprise? Nope.

I love it when I just screw up everything all at one time... That was ASD unabashed negativity.
: )

Chance, hope you'll stop beating yourself up! I have Grammarly but know nothing about Safari- never had any problems with Grammarly except it seemed to go away after several weeks and had to get it again. Never had to pay for it. When it works, it's great. Never had normal spell check unless I just didn't know it or how to use it, LOL! I'm not great with computers. Hope you can resolve your issue.

Chance, hope you'll stop beating yourself up! I have Grammarly but know nothing about Safari- never had any problems with Grammarly except it seemed to go away after several weeks and had to get it again. Never had to pay for it. When it works, it's great. Never had normal spell check unless I just didn't know it or how to use it, LOL! I'm not great with computers. Hope you can resolve your issue.

Apple has a great bulit in spell check plus built in dictionary by just hovering the word and 2 finger tap, but grammarly has sentance structure, and lots more... I unloaded it, but it has turned off something internal... None of it works now... Like I said... grrr : ) Why do I do this stuff... geez.

Now it has some of my documants in light gray - they will no longer open... Most of them are for work, not good. But the ones that are in dark text still open. Not at all sure what it did in there. I may have to load up and make a 200+ mile road trip to the Apple store. I need this and those documents for work tomorrow.

Fortunately I pride myself on how good my spelling and general grammar is, so I don't need browser extensions such as Grammarly.

But don't worry, as long as your spelling isn't too bad, most people can read your posts :D

Apple has a great bulit in spell check plus built in dictionary by just hovering the word and 2 finger tap, but grammarly has sentance structure, and lots more... I unloaded it, but it has turned off something internal... None of it works now... Like I said... grrr : ) Why do I do this stuff... geez.

Now it has some of my documants in light gray - they will no longer open... Most of them are for work, not good. But the ones that are in dark text still open. Not at all sure what it did in there. I may have to load up and make a 200+ mile road trip to the Apple store. I need this and those documents for work tomorrow.
Oh goodness! Hope you won't have to go to that extreme (drive 200 miles). Surely someone on here can help you figure out how to fix it!

I thought I was being smart and doing myself a good service. They now have Grammarly for Safari/iOS... So I got it and installed it. It worked on here one time, but wouldn't let me post anything???

I turned it off, and now my normal spell check doesn't work at all... So wow thats a nightmare waiting to look like a fool...

That was kind of a screw up... I guess I will uninstall it and see if I can get things back to normal... Unless any of you know what I might have missed in this supposedly good addition in my most excellent messed up life...

If you have Grammarly and can help me it would be great... If not I will just uninstall it I guess. So far thier tech support hasn't responded... Is that a suprise? Nope.

I love it when I just screw up everything all at one time... That was ASD unabashed negativity.
Have you tried the Apple community ? this is not Apple tech support but there are always loads of answers for each question, saying that I couldn't find a damn thing for what I wanted

Oh goodness! Hope you won't have to go to that extreme (drive 200 miles). Surely someone on here can help you figure out how to fix it!

It’s just mostly an everyday thing when living literally in the middle of no where. Do it all the time... I was going tomorrow, but trying to see if I can just get everything done there today... Rolling out Wednesday morning for western Colorado (for Thanksgiving) and then leaving there to be in Houston next Monday (to deliver/pickup equipment).
I can drive the wheels off a new vehicle in a very short time.

My “new” GMC truck already has 47,000 miles on it and it’s not a year old yet. I drive 2 other older vehicles to try not just make it have no value at trade time. My 2012 Suburban has 203,000 miles on it, but here people just are used to it because we simply don’t have much of a choice.

I bought our old office car (they basically gave it to me) a month or so back. I am driving it everywhere I can. It’s good on gas and I don’t care how many miles I put on it, as long as I can stuff the stuff I need in it...

It’s just mostly an everyday thing when living literally in the middle of no where. Do it all the time... I was going tomorrow, but trying to see if I can just get everything done there today... Rolling out Wednesday morning for western Colorado (for Thanksgiving) and then leaving there to be in Houston next Monday (to deliver/pickup equipment).
I can drive the wheels off a new vehicle in a very short time.

My “new” GMC truck already has 47,000 miles on it and it’s not a year old yet. I drive 2 other older vehicles to try not just make it have no value at trade time. My 2012 Suburban has 203,000 miles on it, but here people just are used to it because we simply don’t have much of a choice.

I bought our old office car (they basically gave it to me) a month or so back. I am driving it everywhere I can. It’s good on gas and I don’t care how many miles I put on it, as long as I can stuff the stuff I need in it...
Check out a Honda Fit- they can hold a surprising amount and get great gas mileage. They can even accomodate a guy up to 6'6". But you have to be young enough to withstand a rather bumpy ride if the roads aren't good. Let us know if you get your files back!

This might seem like a dumb question (and please forgive me if it is) but have you checked your settings to see if something is turned off that you can restore to the default?
You're probably much better at tech stuff than me and have already tried this, but just in case I thought I'd mention it.

I reacted like you until I went to Australia then it's like everything else !you're more bothered about the fact that you have to have it or do it.
And that there isn't a shop a mile away or 10 miles away and it seems very normal ,the thing I liked about Australia was the roads were nearly completely empty until you got into a very big town or city, it was a nice change to be in the country ,there weren't many farms where I was but there were vineyards about 10 miles away .

This might seem like a dumb question (and please forgive me if it is) but have you checked your settings to see if something is turned off that you can restore to the default?
You're probably much better at tech stuff than me and have already tried this, but just in case I thought I'd mention it.

Yes, I had checked them and thats what had me so confused. They were locked in "light gray" I couldn't change them. The install had a glitch is all they could figure out. All is back to "normal" now... If I can possibly define normal... : )

I had to edit this... Its back to "normal" if I log in through Google Chrome. Safari is still messed up. Everything is back to normal but even though spell check says its working its not... They will have to look at it again later, but it had some of my important work documents locked in that "light gray" text and it wouldn't allow me to open them... Thats basically what had me freaked out. I need 2 of those documents today and I was getting pretty upset, but now all is good.

Last edited:
Yes, I had checked them and thats what had me so confused. They were locked in "light gray" I couldn't change them. The install had a glitch is all they could figure out. All is back to "normal" now... If I can possibly define normal... : )
Do you have an iPad ?and did it happen to your iPad ?and if it happened to your iPad !how did you get it to work again ?I'm not used to an iPad !!!!thanks !

Chance is now wondering if he can do that to his brain.

I reacted like you until I went to Australia then it's like everything else !you're more bothered about the fact that you have to have it or do it.
And that there isn't a shop a mile away or 10 miles away and it seems very normal ,the thing I liked about Australia was the roads were nearly completely empty until you got into a very big town or city, it was a nice change to be in the country ,there weren't many farms where I was but there were vineyards about 10 miles away .

I have to admit that my OCD (overlapping with ASD) keeps me a little freaked out. Once something gets off track... I get off track, and I start dwelling on that one thing until I get it fixed. This can be a good thing, or it can make me become a living nightmare, depending on the circumstance.

I know I can be a pain in the butt, and I try so hard to keep it all calm and not cause problems. Yesterday was good. I never got upset, I just was determined to get it fixed and I did (sort of).

Yes... its a lot of open space here, (depending on which way I go). Its just miles and miles of ranch land, and mostly paved farm roads, then it turns to cotton farms (which are wide open dusty fields right now).

Its not that there aren't any towns... They are lots of small communities/towns that mostly have a Dollar store (maybe) and a convenience store and that about it. There isn't any commerce, or population here, to bring in any big business which is fine with me. Cattle and hay farming is the big business and the land is just rough and it is all owned by farmers/ranchers.

But also people like to visit here to get away from the city... Which is what gave me my job at a golf/resort out in the middle of no where. Hunting is also big thing also... Thats all starting right now!!! Yuck...

Geez these city people come down all dressed in Camo and I just start laughing inside... They think they have to "blend in" to get a deer... Actually it makes them stick out. I have to get out and shooo deer out of my way sometimes. I feed them so they are spoiled rotten and mostly my pets... Ours are protected, there is no legal hunting where I work, or on land I own. The poor animals need some place left to hide.

I need to stop there... I have some pretty nasty thoughts on what these people do, and how they treat the land and stuff.

Chance is now wondering if he can do that to his brain.

My settings are wired wrong... If I say one thing I do the other... If I want to act a certain way its usually the opposite... So I just live in this bass ackwrds world of confusion... But its my normal I guess...

Looking out at what people call "normal"... I think I will just hang out in my messed up world. Its not that bad. There are some sick/mean people out there in what people deem as normal...

I just hang out and juggle, or chase balloons, or look up PINK (punk) songs all evening and go to bed knowing its all gonna be okay tomorrow and the next day and the next. If not I will reach down inside and find a way around it, or through it, or just make a mell of a hess out of it, so I can once more show the world I am not like them... My little secret is... I don't want to be ANYTHING like them, not in this lifetime, not ever... : )

My settings are wired wrong... If I say one thing I do the other... If I want to act a certain way its usually the opposite... So I just live in this bass ackwrds world of confusion... But its my normal I guess...

Looking out at what people call "normal"... I think I will just hang out in my messed up world. Its not that bad. There are some sick/mean people out there in what people deem as normal...

I just hang out and juggle, or chase balloons, or look up PINK songs all evening and go to bed knowing its all gonna be okay tomorrow and the next day and the next. If not I will reach down inside and find a way around it, or through it, or just make a mell of a hess out of it, so I can once more show the world I am not like them... My little secret is... I don't want to be ANYTHING like them, not in this lifetime, not ever... : )

Brilliant. Reading that it seems I have created most of your recent problems :)

Everybody on here is all right the way they are.

Even you:)

I have the same secret as you.

Do you have an iPad ?and did it happen to your iPad ?and if it happened to your iPad !how did you get it to work again ?I'm not used to an iPad !!!!thanks !

No... I installed it on Mac Book Pro (Lap top)... It works fine on Google, but its a nightmare on Safari... The guy blocked the extension for Safari and it unlocked my documents... I wish I could have figured that out... It was easy, but I was already upset and afraid I was about to do something I couldn't reverse. So it was worth the trip to get a pro to look at it.

Gonna have to take it back, but its not such a big problem now. It had me locked out of my documents somehow and that had me all messed up. In my sick head, I just saw tons and tons of lost work and me getting in trouble at work. Its all good now. : )

My iPad... Its okay, but its so touchy. I spend more time trying to keep it from changing screens and stuff all the time... It has its great uses, but me and it have this love hate relationship.... : )

Brilliant. Reading that it seems I have created most of your recent problems :)

Everybody on here is all right the way they are.

Even you:)

I have the same secret as you.

You cause good problems... Never think differently : )
I don't even know how you do it... We need to bottle this stuff up and sell it.
How do we market Fridgeman's un-triggering potion???
Shrinks get around 200.00 an hour for this stuff... and it usually is a placebo, or just like
sitting down and gobbling up a plate of horse ....

I think you notice I'm tangled up... and you throw something wild out there that catches my attention... I'm like some puppy with my head stuck in a gate...
Throw me a bone and I will get unstuck go for it!!!

Thanks by the way... I don't know if you can grasp how much you do help me. : )

You cause good problems... Never think differently : )
I don't even know how you do it... We need to bottle this stuff up and sell it.
How do we market Fridgeman's un-triggering potion???
Shrinks get around 200.00 an hour for this stuff... and it usually is a placebo, or just like
sitting down and gobbling up a plate of horse ....

I think you notice I'm tangled up... and you throw something wild out there that catches my attention... I'm like some puppy with my head stuck in a gate...
Throw me a bone and I will get unstuck go for it!!!

Thanks by the way... I don't know if you can grasp how much you do help me. : )

Glad to hear it. So me being daft is the cure :)

I can do that all day.

New Threads

Top Bottom