• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

good sounds.

Voltaic

Most likely a real person
we have a shower with a detachable spray nozzel in our home. i have taken to placing the metal flexiable tubing to both my ears and listening to the sound of the water passing through it. with both ears covered, it is a all consuming loud, low frequency sound that is almost euphoric to listen to. just today, i made the conection between this sound, and the one of the passing trains that i used to listen to as a young kid.

sounds can be bad, but some can be comforting and plessurable to listen to. water running over rocks in a river, trees moving with the wind, the list goes on but my tired brain cant continue.

what are your good sounds?

I like the sounds that whales make. I even heard whale sounds incorporated into ambient music, Very relaxing.

Water sounds like gentle waves at the beach, rain showers,
running streams.
Owls and night creatures.
Ambient music and the voice of Dr. Emmett Miller.

The cats greeting when it comes in the door, a European blackbird singing ,a wood pigeon or collared dove being vocally affectionate to it's mate .
traditional Jewish music,the theme tune to 'van der valk 'A detective drama filmed in Amsterdam with British actors.
cats purring . grasshoppers when the weather is hot . The mating call of a kakapo( parrot ).

I love the sound of pigeons cooing.
Waves lapping at the seashore.
Cats purring.
The distant hum of a car going along a country road.

I love the sound when my central heat/cooling unit goes OFF! Ahhhh quietness... : )
I had baffles built for it, helped a little but the fans are still very loud to me...
I guess thats the price of not freezing, or burning up... So I deal with it, with headphones on... : )

I love to go to the mountains, take a lunch and go to my favorite stream and just sit there and watch and listen... So many people have no idea on how much they are missing out on... And that's actually fine with me because if they find out they will RUIN it forever... It will become a commercialized nightmare like everything else...

I like the sounds of nature... Maybe with the exception of a bear breathing down the back of my neck, or a mountain lion's nasty "dying lady scream"... Not cool, kind of freaks me out a little.

Elks bugling... Eagles cry from far above me... those are some cool sounds... : )

I love the sound of laying back in the boat... nothing turned on, and the water lapping against the side of it...

It don't take much to please me... Just get me away from people who make noise 24/7 and it's all good...

Birdsong. The wind in the trees or in high grass. Cats chirping affectionately. My boyfriend’s happy sounds when he’s asleep.

Any water sounds. Sometimes at work, to drown out the sound of other engineers' profanity, I listen to a white noise app with ocean waves crashing.

Even though I had a great audio system years before, I still recall when I bought my first high-quality tv/monitor with its own stereo amplifier, DBX noise reduction and outputs for separate stereo speakers- 1989. Had the tv speakers spaced about eight feet apart, as well as being simultaneously connected to my stereo receiver and speakers.

Up to this point in my life television sound quality was well....terrible. Far, far behind that of any really good stereo audio system.

And hearing my first, real stereo tv broadcast I found quite pleasing at the time. The theme song to the show "Doogie Howser, M.D." sounded so damn good! I still smile just thinking of it. It really does sound good in hi-fidelity if you have it. Too bad this YouTube version doesn't do it justice.

Last edited:
The sound of water, of course. The sound of a big dog's nails clicking on the tile. A big dog's contented sigh (this one may seem a little weird, but I kid you not, it's the the cutest thing) Wind gently breathing through the trees of a forest. That sound a roller coaster makes just before it makes a really big drop. The huskiness of the lowest note on a pan flute.

The sound of a gentle breeze, on an otherwise still summer day, as it makes it's way through clumps of tall ornamental grasses. The first, ecstatic, birdsong of early spring. The occasional, lazy, deep resonant tone of a wind chime. The giggles of children running through a sprinkler or fountain. The contented purr of a cat. My daughter, singing when she thinks I'm not listening.

This list could go on... :)

New Threads

Top Bottom