• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good news for me!

Ana54

My bf told me a while back that no sensory deprivation is allowed in the mental health facilities he worked in as a psych tech (I plan to become a psych tech too). If a person is violent they are given something that will actually make them feel better, rather than just a chamical restraint. When someone is in the seclusion room, the light in the seclusion room is on, and there is a special mattress inside (foam covered in plastic) that they can sit on, lie on or beat up on, and the room is big enough. He also said shaming and scolding the patients or giving dirty looks isn't allowed, thank God. This brings me so much relief. My mother tells me crap like "You have to do that if that's the rules and youa're a psych tech" and I just say I won't work there if that's the case and then she says "Then where will you work?" and it's depressing, but I refuse to do anything immoral and if that happens everywhere I couldn't be a psych tech and I know that, because I refuse to do anything immoral. My mother siad you can't keep complaining and there's a 800 number posted for patients and staff to call if any of this happens and staff that don't report that crap get in trouble. Thank you, Stan. Thank you so much for telling me this! It makes me feel so much better.

New Threads

Top Bottom