• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good Instrumental music?

Voltaic

Plaidhiker@youtube
I listen to the occasional song with lyrics, but mostly stay away from them and go for listening to pure instrumentals instead. I find relating to the story within the melody of the music easier and more powerful than what most vocalist sing about. Melody is interesting in the sense that is tells a different story to everyone, but stories none the less that every human despite language or culture is capable of understanding. almost being a universal language with humans (with some dialects to culture) A large portion of my life is surrounding music. I take some pride in some of the work it takes to find that perfect song, but they are becoming harder to come by.

Do you guys have a favourite instrumental?

Not the favourite close Samuel barbers' adagio for strings' otherwise known as' the saddest song ever written'

I have ambient music playing in the house all day.
Mixed artists but relaxing and most are very nice to listen to.
Helps me to concentrate yet stay calm. Don't have to listen to words and figure out the story.
There is a lot of this type of music on You Tube.

I've a vast collection of themes, soundtracks & instrumentals to fit specific moods. Just been listening to Herb Alpert whilst working with some Henry Mancini cued up to follow.

I like listening to Tosca, which is sort of lounge/triphop music perfect for a lazy rainy day or a summer night.
When I’m studying or working at home I often listen to peaceful piano music.
And I like listening to 2Cellos, making cello covers of popular music.

Last edited:
only instrumental album I can think of that I would recommend (though that's probably because I'm a bit sick right now) is serious beaks huxwhukw which is a progressive rock kind of deal.

Johann Sebastian Bach toccata and fugue in d minor specifically where the piece is playing about a minute in. Iam sure Mike Oldfield copied it and created tubular bells

You know, I've never liked instrumental music. I don't mind solos. I don't think it's something I've acquired over time either. I remember in early elementary school, field trips to the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra and I hated it. Even when my favorite musician, like Clapton, would do an instrumental I didn't like it, so it's not just classical. I don't know why I've always hated instrumental music of any kind.

I asked Alexa (Amazon voice assistant) to play some Rafe Vaughn Williams (correct pronunciation) and she said "here are some songs by Ralph Vaughn Williams" (wrong pronunciation). I said Alexa, you are an ignorant #*@!%((!

I love the haunting melody of Shenandoah, and I once had a playlist of about 20 different recordings of it, some with words, some instrumental.

Another one that always pulls my heartstrings is "Ashokan Farewell" on violin. I don't think that one even has any words.

The first one I love is a long song but the payoff is worth it. This is one of my favourite instrumentals, but again, the payoff is in listening through to it even though it might have a bit of a slow start, the end gets really intense.

And another instrumental I love is this, probably my favourite buckethead song. I love shredding as much as the next guy, but a lot of times the real shreddy tunes lose something, and this track I feel keeps everything, the super charged emotion but also has some incredible shredding. Right near the end there's a part that in my head I call the "sparkle shred" cause to me it honestly sounds like the sparkle of stars are captured in the guitar.

The first one I love is a long song but the payoff is worth it. This is one of my favourite instrumentals, but again, the payoff is in listening through to it even though it might have a bit of a slow start, the end gets really intense.

And another instrumental I love is this, probably my favourite buckethead song. I love shredding as much as the next guy, but a lot of times the real shreddy tunes lose something, and this track I feel keeps everything, the super charged emotion but also has some incredible shredding. Right near the end there's a part that in my head I call the "sparkle shred" cause to me it honestly sounds like the sparkle of stars are captured in the guitar.

Sounds like you might like the Halo theme.

Eric Satie's piano music played by Aldo Ciccolini (sp?) , Yanni (that dates me I guess), any good classical music.

Sounds like you might like the Halo theme.

As a matter of fact, I really do. When I was in college one of my friends was part of beta testing x-box live so he had a copy of Halo but he also had a headset and x-box live before anyone else... well not the other people beta testing.

Anyways, he invited me over to his house to play Halo and he had the biggest TV I had ever played games on at the time and a really great sound system. Yeah, that game and the soundtrack blew me away from that first day I played it.

As a matter of fact, I really do. When I was in college one of my friends was part of beta testing x-box live so he had a copy of Halo but he also had a headset and x-box live before anyone else... well not the other people beta testing.

Anyways, he invited me over to his house to play Halo and he had the biggest TV I had ever played games on at the time and a really great sound system. Yeah, that game and the soundtrack blew me away from that first day I played it.

Have you heard the soundtrack to Halo Odst? Its very soothing and all instrumental.

New Threads

Top Bottom