• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

going to court from a meltdown

Erik Bennet

helo im new
searched 3 months to find a job and no 1 will take someone like me and people putting pressure on me for not working and had a melt down and i yelled why me why me why do i have to be born with autism why cant i just have a normal life and 30 police officers came here to yell at me and the neighbors complained and i must go to court next week and im scared and all my care worker told me to do is just take anti depressant pills which make me feel like a zombie and they arent giving me proper help in achiving a life

Your social worker should give you an idea what to expect when you go to court. How to dress and so on. Do you have an attorney to represent you?

Do you know why you are being taken to court?
That's something your social worker should know.
Disturbing the peace for screaming? Or an attempt to commit you for observation maybe?
This is a good time to ask questions.
Doesn't sound like it will be anything of a deeply serious nature. More of an investigation on your actions.
It might lead to extra help. Get help on presentation and representation.

searched 3 months to find a job and no 1 will take someone like me and people putting pressure on me for not working and had a melt down and i yelled why me why me why do i have to be born with autism why cant i just have a normal life and 30 police officers came here to yell at me and the neighbors complained and i must go to court next week and im scared and all my care worker told me to do is just take anti depressant pills which make me feel like a zombie and they arent giving me proper help in achiving a life
Sometimes job searching can take longer, I’m afraid. It’s not a reflection on you. People shouldn’t be putting pressure on you for not working, unless you don’t want to work, and I’m assuming that you do want to work...that’s stressful enough without the additional stress of searching for a job. So I’m sorry about that.

Where did you have your meltdown? Was your meltdown verbal (why me like you said) or was it also physical (like banging on the walls and stuff)? Have you done that before?

It seems a little excessive that thirty officers came because of a complaint that you were disturbing the peace (which seems like it from what you’ve described). Were you formally arrested? Have they even told you why you’re going to court? Do you have a lawyer?

I’m not surprised that you’re scared. I would be too! Especially if you have not been told anything, and your care worker is just telling you to take an anti depressant.

Not sure what to tell you besides get a new support worker and hope they give you a good attorney. After all, “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?"

I hope the best for you. Your neighbors are jerks. They should mind their own business and should not have complained.

New Threads

Top Bottom