• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Going deep into my special interests

mysterionz

oh hamburgers!
V.I.P Member
Does anyone else like to do this? My brain wants me to find lost information about South Park, more specifically the video games/lost/uncut media pertaining to it.

I’m the same way with my special interests!
And I love learning, reading, and absorbing information so that makes it more fun.

I've had an interest in Trilobites for 62 years. Now I'm studying Trilobite Taxonomy in preparation for a trip to Morocco in November.

Last edited:
The Ogygian of Utter Dark, a Paradelle...there are some places I go where I do not expect others to follow. Basically word salad run through the food processor.

Just don't delve to deeply or one may end up facing the Balrog of Morgoth.

Last edited:
I dumped my special interests on this site, normally kept it to myself. physics was the big one. Covid my hospital stay brought on to many coincidences. The ultimate real-life mystery.

Special interests have been a continuous thread my entire life. I also like digging up information, trying to solve puzzles about them (history and collectables).

Having an interest is a very good thing, as is exploring it. What is just as crucial is perspective and expectations. Most folks are not going be to interested in an interest, let alone at the levels of detail many autistics accrue in the pursuit of their interest.

Our knowledge of our niches matters. And sometimes just talking and/or writing about it, without expectation of a reply is beneficial. It gets us out of our heads a little bit.

Going deep? Well, let's see. I suppose so. ;)

I mean, in one case I majored and minored in my special interests. In another I quit a career to pursue vocational training in web design.

Imagine doing creative artwork and getting well paid for it. Nothing like it! :cool:

Going deep into my special interests is how I know so much ultimately useless knowledge about them lol.

I'm not complaining that I know so much about them, it's good for when I wanna infodump this stuff to let other people know about it.

We AL do this. Thats what having autism is al about. We find something, get attached, get into it so much its sucks the life out of ya and then we get bored and find something new. Its like toilet paper. We need it so badly at the moment it is useful and then its trash when we are done lol . You are normal (here at least) so do you, dont stop getting involved with south park and use that as a core for getting to know yourself better love <3

Does anyone else like to do this? My brain wants me to find lost information about South Park, more specifically the video games/lost/uncut media pertaining to it.
Yep. I go on what I call "info excavations" on my special interests, lol.

There's one particular album of which I managed to find a digital copy, but really, REALLY want a physical copy, but there are none to be had anywhere - it's super rare, and if it did appear for sale, it would probably be extremely expensive because lots of people are after this album.

My special interest is Baroque music. During college, I was in deep burnout and depression because I couldn't be involved in what my passion is--I became depressed and withdrawn. The environment didn't help because of the massive push of new-classical and avant-garde, which strongly conflicted with everything I saw as 'right and valid' in music. It really turned me into a negative monster.

I like to do this as well growing up strangely South Park was my favorite thing

I drew fanart and wrote fan fiction, even before I knew what those were

I especially like the relationship between Kenny and Karen and Karen and Mysterion

I like the mysterion plot so much. I’ve been trying to write a story about the concept of him being a superhero for his sister.

South park aside I love to find out all the information I can on my special interests one of my special interests is actually disabilities
Oh, and I also love to sing and also draw
What I do is I look up online about details in history and how to improve my knowledge

My question is, do you ever daydream too much or a lot about the show or a special interest? or create fan ideas in your head while you’re supposed to be doing something else

I find as much information I can on a few things I am far too interested in. I have acquired useless facts that others would never care about.

New Threads

Top Bottom