• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Glad this college semester is almost over!

Dillon

So It’s been a while since I’ve been back on here, I’ve been getting through with the rest of the college semester that I’m so glad it’s almost over with. It can be rough when having two back to back finals like I did earlier, one in Organic Chemistry which was just brutal and the other in Oceanography which I probably made a easy “A”. I am honestly drained and worn out from this semester from writing over a dozen essay (2 big ones that were 10 pages). This is more stressful than all of last year at my 4-year University that I did at times had mental emotional breakdowns.
I’m irritated in a way though partly with myself. I realized in the middle of the semester I had been struggling in, mainly in my chemistry class and it’s due to the fact I did not study enough like I should have and didn’t really ask for help when I needed it. The other classes I knows how to study the material from those so it wasn’t a problem. It also depended on what kind of professor was teaching the material and what methods he/she uses. My Organic chemistry professor for example was not that bad in which she never reviewed us for any of our exams that she suspects we automatically know this stuff when almost everyone is failing the class or barely getting by. All of my other professors have been great and I knew how to follow through. When taking 5 classes it can be challenging but all I can do is do my very best. 4 classes with high Bs or As but in Chemistry probably a C which I’ll take at this point but I feel disappointed in myself but at the same time I shouldn’t.
So yeah stress from work and people especially had gotten me worked up but I can finally relax until my new semester starts which hopefully I go in and out stronger grade wise than this semester and hopefully no more meltdowns.

Congratulations on getting through the semester! Organic chemistry and microbiology were the hardest classes I had in college. But I must confess I dropped out of trig because I knew I could not learn it, even with a tutor to help me. My brain just doesn't comprehend math at that level.

You're doing great. Take a well deserved Christmas break and rest up for next semester.

Well done mate ! ( I gave up some classes personnaly but I will still get this year with some extra work later on, i'm glad you can make it !)

Dillon - I'll be thinking about your plans to be a marine biologist while I'm in the Yucatan the next several weeks. The second largest coral reef in the world is about 100 yards from our beach condo door, we can easily see it from our little porch, and it is healthy unlike the Great Barrier Reef. I snorkeled along it last year for hours with a Mexican marine biologist guide who knew where exotic creatures live and hide and pointed out amazing things to me. She was awesome and swam like a mermaid above the coral so her flippers would not damage it. You've chosen a wonderful career for your life.

Yeah! This semester was quite difficult for me. There were many different hard assignments. I have a job and sometimes I don't have time to write all homework by myself. For such cases I use help from a commercial service, their writers are really great!

New Threads

Top Bottom