• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Getting on my case.

Tony Ramirez

Single. True friend's.
V.I.P Member
I just don't understand people. My Grandmother who I love dearly and I most likely would not be here if she was not around growing up says things like this that bug me.
  • You got to lose weight and cut on your food. Well after an health scare with me and my sister I cut my food in half an drink Ensure for breakfast and lunch. She then says well now you are not eating enough. First she complains I eat too much then she says I don't eat enough. I eat enough.
  • She says to take walks. Well I started too and then she says well you are walking for too long. Same thing again.
Then before I made my mother cry I did nothing wrong I gave her the charging cable that she needed but she said it was my attitude. My attitude was fine my mom then said later when calmer that it was my facial expression.

My uncle and aunt says I have a bad attitude always putting me down if I say anything like they understand with all successful relationship and job wise children.

Then of course I can't turn to my "friends" like I use too many years ago because I don't have any so I am forced to talk to my self and vent here.

This is why I feel like walking out of the house to take walks to get out of the craziness. Of course outside I can see all the people but as long as they don't try to talk to me I am fine.

Last edited:
  • You got to lose weight and cut on your food. Well after an health scare with me and my sister I cut my food in half an drink Ensure for breakfast and lunch. She then says well now you are not eating enough. First she complains I eat too much then she says I don't eat enough. I eat enough.
  • She says to take walks. Well I started too and then she says well you are walking for too long. Same thing again.
yup, happens with my mother all the time, with most things

When everyone you know says basically the same thing, then you should drop your defensiveness and listen. Why not? What do you have to lose by openly receiving feedback?
When you get angry and insist you are right and everyone else is wrong then it makes you difficult and unpleasant to be around.

Just never do anything to please anyone ever, other than yourself, and any suggestion on what to do can be met with, "Okay, thank you for the advice," or something along those lines. I get a lot of random advice about music from strangers mostly and I just pretend they're being helpful.

I am getting to the point where I am just sick of people. I don't even want to be around them anymore. They pretend they care want to be your friend but when you need them they don't care and abondon you.

Muting your emotions about what people do helps me.
I can get angry, but, mostly I just ignore what people are like.
I have the want to be comfortable and connect, but, just never can really trust which creates
the barrier.
...I have become comfortably numb. Pink Floyd.

Too think I nearly died when I was a baby was taking out in the cold rain. If only the hospital did not save me maybe I would have been in peace in the afterlife. My mother would have left my father and my fully Autistic sister would have never been born.

But then you would never have seen a cloud or a star! :eek::eek::eek:

One of my grandad's friends,many years ago, was lying flat on his back drunk at 4.30am.

My grandad, trying to help him up,couldn't manage it.

He wouldn't get up.

Just saying 'look at the stars .look at the stars.'

Oscar Wilde's retort to those categorising him as a drunk may have been

' I may be lying in the gutter but st least I can see the stars.'

I thank my grandad and friend for their re-enactment.

New Threads

Top Bottom