• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Getting my insurance adjuster's license

Mattymatt

Imperfectly Perfect
After some careful research, I've decided to obtain my insurance adjuster's license so that I can embark on a career that's new, different, and plays to my strengths. I discussed it with family, friends, and my psychiatrist and all feel that it's a very viable pursuit. My plan is to be an independent adjuster specializing in catastrophic claims. CAT claims professionals enjoy high compensation and work in fits and spurts affording them long periods of time off.

I spent the past two weeks taking a long hard look at myself and the direction I was heading and didn't like it. I felt surely there must be something I could do beyond driving a truck or being a security guard. I did very well in the investigations classes that I took to satisfy my Criminal Justice degree so I figured I could parlay that into insurance claim work. I'm not a 9-5 got and this is not 9-5 work.

I finally have a spark of excitement that I haven't had in some time. I took a new security job for 16 hours a week to help pay for the licensing classes which I take online. I paid for my first set of classes which cover Property & Casualty. I will then sit for that exam.

I even got some renewed hope about being able to take my Cisco Network certs in June. I would be able to use those certifications as proof that I'm qualified to adjust computer hardware claims.

I started the Property module today and almost completed the first section. I'm proud of myself for taking the bull by the horns and getting so much accomplished. This is a mean feat considering that I'm fighting clinical depression. My goal is to sit for the Property and Casualty licensing exam in the last week of January. Then I'll be half way through. I'll just need to get my auto appraisal and adjuster's license and I'll be all set.

I'm so excited I'm having trouble falling asleep. LOL!

New Threads

Top Bottom