• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Getting jeered at just for saying the “wrong” thing

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
This is going to be difficult to post but I need to vent.

It feels like you can do countless things to be a good person but if you do something “wrong” only once, you are immediately considered “scum”. I was stating my social experiences and was immediately met with anger. I was told I was making people “uncomfortable” and needed to apologize. Even when I tried to reason, I got even more backlash and was accused of insulting things that are not true about me. I refused to apologize, told the people I was not going to waste my breath anymore, and disassociated myself from them.

I really feel burned out. I always do something wrong in the eyes of others and I almost got killed twice in the same night while trying to break out of my social isolation.

Last edited:
What is this about? Did something happen?

A place that was supposed to be for venting turned into “Gang up on on this guy because he failed to meet our expectations.” after I said the wrong thing. I was told I was “uncomfortable” and needed to apologize. Such infantile minds.

@Markness: This goes to show that other people have "issues" as well. It's just that you are aware of yours,...and they aren't aware of theirs.

I've a few people at work that are like that,...I call them the "mean girl club",...people with 3-5 years experience in a very complex field,...but somehow they think they are "equal footing" with me, and know more than a 35 year veteran that reads over 1000 scientific articles a year, and an instructor for over 20 years. But, because I introduce new concepts to them,...with a stack of journal articles to prove it,...they have the "balls" to say, "We will have to agree to disagree" with me,...without even looking at the articles. Explaining to them that I have no opinion on the topic,...I am just providing evidence,...meaningless. A combination of the Dunning-Kruger phenomenon on full display, a fear of change and a desire of "sameness", and an insecurity that they don't know something so they mask it with mean comments and closed mindedness. These idiots don't know what they don't know yet,...and are oblivious to this fact.

Just one example, of thousands of others, I have been witness to of people behaving badly and displaying their "issues". Yes, it bothers me, even making me angry, but sometimes I have to look at them as if they were a child who doesn't know better, and feel a bit sorry for them for they know not what they say and do. The world if full of stupid people that think they are smart,...and you can't have an intelligent discussion with them once they have made up their mind on something,...and for God's sake don't get them in a group confirming each other's stupidity. Path of least resistance,...just try to steer clear of people like this.

Last edited:
Being an aspie, this type of situation is just part of the territory, but also remember we also have a tendency to always think we are right no matter what. And sometimes....we are not.

@Neonatal RRT , there are whole segments of our society that are fearful of change or having their irrational beliefs challenged. We see them as the deliberately ignorant, those that want to rewrite history and entirely resistant to fact: the self-appointed defenders of groupthink. They would be happy in a world like Orwell's 1984. I avoid such people, especially when I love natural history but am treated to the mad ravings of creationists and the anti-evolution crowd trying to resurrect the 1850s.

@Markness: This goes to show that other people have "issues" as well. It's just that you are aware of yours,...and they aren't aware of theirs.

I've a few people at work that are like that,...I call them the "mean girl club",...people with 3-5 years experience in a very complex field,...but somehow they think they are "equal footing" with me, and know more than a 35 year veteran that reads over 1000 scientific articles a year, and an instructor for over 20 years. But, because I introduce new concepts to them,...with a stack of journal articles to prove it,...but they have the "balls" to say, "We will have to agree to disagree" with me,...without even looking at the articles. Explaining to them that I have no opinion on the topic,...I am just providing evidence,...meaningless. A combination of the Dunning-Kruger phenomenon on full display, a fear of change and a desire of "sameness", and an insecurity that they don't know something so they mask it with mean comments and closed mindedness. These idiots don't know what they don't know yet,...and are oblivious to this fact.

Just one example, of thousands of others, I have been witness to of people behaving badly and displaying their "issues". Yes, it bothers me, even making me angry, but sometimes I have to look at them as if they were a child who doesn't know better, and feel a bit sorry for them for they know not what they say and do. The world if full of stupid people that think they are smart,...and you can't have an intelligent discussion with them once they have made up their mind on something,...and for God's sake don't get them in a group confirming each other's stupidity. Path of least resistance,...just try to steer clear of people like this.

The psychologists call this mob mindset where together they just act stupider especially if they can gang up on someone. There is a lot printed on this mindset. The best example is someone is getting beat up and everyone just stands around and does nothing.

New Threads

Top Bottom