1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Getting Baptized Next Week

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Joshua Aaron, Mar 17, 2019 at 8:12 AM.

1. Joshua Aaron

Joshua Aaron Just a Professional Weirdo w/Autism and ADHD

Hello, peeps. I am getting baptized next week. I am so excited!

I know that I have to get in front of everybody in the church to do it, I am not worried, as I am getting used to attention from crowds, and never really ever had stage fright.

I'm going to get baptized by Laura, one of the two youth pastors. I trust her with not submerging me too long. I also think she is a great person in general, too.

Fortunately, the water is actually going to be quite warm, since I am doing it during the 9:15 service instead of the other two services (yes, my church has 3 services. We've grown exponentially) that are later in the morning.

One disadvantage of this is that I have to get up earlier than usual, but I am more of a morning person (despite being 16), anyways, so that won't bother me.

I attended a baptism class in the church offices last week. We just learned about the importance of baptism, how infant (or sprinkle) baptisms aren't actually real baptism, and how a baptism needs to be full-submersion.

Ever since my life was forever changed a couple weeks ago (will be in a separate post), I could immediately tell that baptism is the next step for me to take. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and have come to the full realization that God loves me, accepts me, and understands me completely.

I am proud of myself, and so are my friends and family. My mom has invited some of my friends who go to different churches over to watch me be baptized, as well as my sister, my brother, and aunt. They are all proud of me.

However, I have one friend who isn't going, and that is my best friend, Nate, who is an atheist. I don't have any problem about it, though. My mom is friends with her mom on Facebook, and my mom will take SEVERAL pictures, so it is entirely possible that he'll know eventually. And, yes, he has no clue that I am going to be baptized yet.

I believe in Jesus Christ. have faith in him, I want to be in a personal relationship with him, and I do not care who knows, so I am being baptized.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Pats

Pats Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

That is such wonderful news Joshua. I'm very proud of you, too, and thanks so much for sharing the news this special event.

3. Joshua Aaron

Thank you and you're welcome!

4. Butterfly88

Butterfly88 88 Times the Fun V.I.P Member

5. asperagus

asperagus A vegetable on the spectrum

6. BrokenBoy

BrokenBoy 戯言使い(Nonsense User)

7. Joshua Aaron

Thank you, everybody. I appreciate all of your kindness and support! It means a lot to me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Raisedbywolves

Raisedbywolves Member

I got baptised at age 34 and it's an incredible experience. I literally felt the Holy Spirit. They just dip you in real quick. Like down and up and you're done. My daughter got baptized on the same day.

It's important to do it in front of people. It is a public profession that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior, that you've been washed by the blood of the Lamb, and from here on out, you're living forJesus.

No turning back now! It's time to ignite the fire for Christ in your heart!

If we never meet in this life, I will personally give you a huge hug when we meet in Heaven.

From here on out, you are my brother in Christ.

9. Raisedbywolves

Raisedbywolves Member

PS My favorite singer is named Joshua Aaron. He's a messianic Jew who believes in Jesus as his messiah. He lives in Israel.

Here's a baptism present for you.

10. Joshua Aaron

My goodness! How funny! Aaron isn't actually my last name, though. In fact, Aaron is my middle name.