• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Getting attention to website without $$

Perry

Yensid
Hey there ...

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to get attention to a website without having to pay a lot of money?

Do you maybe know someone who would know?

Look up "SEO" (search engine optimization)

Also, link to related websites that may link back to you.

What kind of a website is it? commercial? personal blog?

Okay. So, research SEO.

Also, make the URL an integral part of all your marketing literature (e.g., letterhead). Did you notice in the Democratic debates, virtually every candidate gave the name of their website in their closing remarks?

Also, active "social media" presence can drive traffic to your website. Start a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube account (etc) and include your URL as a link; then post frequently on each platform. But don't be repetitious. It's kind of an art. You post either useful articles (written by you or others, with their permission of course) or photos and memes also are good attention grabbers. Also give "likes," follows, and comments.

Okay. So, research SEO.

Also, make the URL an integral part of all your marketing literature (e.g., letterhead). Did you notice in the Democratic debates, virtually every candidate gave the name of their website in their closing remarks?

Also, active "social media" presence can drive traffic to your website. Start a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube account (etc) and include your URL as a link; then post frequently on each platform. But don't be repetitious. It's kind of an art. You post either useful articles (written by you or others, with their permission of course) or photos and memes also are good attention grabbers. Also give "likes," follows, and comments.

I have all of those. I often don't know what to post on each platform which might be why my site doesn't attract "enough" attention. I am attempting to learn about MEME's but really struggling. The PINterest I am not sure I have, but my services don't really fit into that site, what shall I post on that platform? Pinterest.

Are you comfortable telling me what profession or industry you are in? I could give better advice if I knew.

Are you comfortable telling me what profession or industry you are in? I could give better advice if I knew.

I don't mind but you have to P R O M I S E me you won't tell a single soul affiliated with this website.

yeah, you did. OK, secret's safe with me!

So, I see you already link to a presence on several social media sites, so that's good.

Take photos of action scenes and post them maybe one or two times a week on each platform, with a manufactured "newsy" text tidbit, such as "last summer's crew ... new sessions accepting enrollment now!" and link to your website.

Pinterest is kind of different, as you surf the web, save things to various folders of yours on Pinterest. I used to think they had to be graphic, but actually almost anything can be saved. Or you can skip that one.

Also, all the people you featured on your website? Connect with them on Facebook (etc.) and each time you comment or like, make sure you are linked back to your site. It's basically an ever expanding networking activity.

Good luck!

PS I forgot LinkedIn, but I see you link to them, so that's good.

yup do that too. now you kind of see why I am asking for some assistance.. all of those are linked to the site but ... not as much traction as I would like...

Well it does take time! I owned a small business once. Seemed like it took forever to make a profit ... but, after I closed down, I was still getting referrals for two years! Maybe I should have been more patient.

How to draw people to your website

Step 1: Find and post an image of Kaa the python swallowing a mesmerized horse, cat, otter, dog and rabbit all in one big gulp while he has his tail wrapped around a tree that is in fact not a tree but a wood nymph disguised as a tree and his tail is around her chest, and while this is happening Ash's Pikachu and Dawn's Buneary are [DATA EXPUNGED] while hanging in the air from a vine, while a wolf Furry fighting a cacodemon from DOOM drops an arseload of water on top of a very pleasured-looking Kirby who is in turn dancing sideways on a slime girl's chest. Or draw it yourself.

Step 2: Put it on 4chan with a link to your website. Actually, do that but just do it all over the internet, as many places you can find that allow user-generated content, with a link to your site.

Step 3: ???
Step 4: PROFIT

How to draw people to your website

Step 1: Find and post an image of Kaa the python swallowing a mesmerized horse, cat, otter, dog and rabbit all in one big gulp while he has his tail wrapped around a tree that is in fact not a tree but a wood nymph disguised as a tree and his tail is around her chest, and while this is happening Ash's Pikachu and Dawn's Buneary are [DATA EXPUNGED] while hanging in the air from a vine, while a wolf Furry fighting a cacodemon from DOOM drops an arseload of water on top of a very pleasured-looking Kirby who is in turn dancing sideways on a slime girl's chest. Or draw it yourself.

Step 2: Put it on 4chan with a link to your website. Actually, do that but just do it all over the internet, as many places you can find that allow user-generated content, with a link to your site.

Step 3: ???
Step 4: PROFIT

No thank you. BUT I appreciate your comment.

Something I had a hard time with when I started - and still do admittedly - is writing good ad copy. Whether you realize it or not, every bit of content on your site is crawled and used for search results. Best practices require you to copywrite for impulse purchasing while simultaneously and seamlessly including popular and unpopular/weird words and sentences people search for, including popular misspellings. This can be incredibly hard to do, especially for an ASD. Luckily you can hide a bunch of stuff in the HTML, like misspellings that will show up on search results but lead to a page with no misspellings. Note that misspellings are less common these days thanks to autofill - but it is basically free.

GadAbout is correct in advising patience and sticking to it. Competition is fierce and global, so it takes a while to get traffic...and even longer to get conversions.

BTW, I cannot imagine what you are into that is so embarrassing. My current and previous campaigns have run the gamut from sex toys to polygamy to Progressive periodicals to bibles to car parts. Don't be ashamed. You can make money on anything. But, you can also lose money on anything - do your homework.

Something I had a hard time with when I started - and still do admittedly - is writing good ad copy. Whether you realize it or not, every bit of content on your site is crawled and used for search results. Best practices require you to copywrite for impulse purchasing while simultaneously and seamlessly including popular and unpopular/weird words and sentences people search for, including popular misspellings. This can be incredibly hard to do, especially for an ASD. Luckily you can hide a bunch of stuff in the HTML, like misspellings that will show up on search results but lead to a page with no misspellings. Note that misspellings are less common these days thanks to autofill - but it is basically free.

GadAbout is correct in advising patience and sticking to it. Competition is fierce and global, so it takes a while to get traffic...and even longer to get conversions.

BTW, I cannot imagine what you are into that is so embarrassing. My current and previous campaigns have run the gamut from sex toys to polygamy to Progressive periodicals to bibles to car parts. Don't be ashamed. You can make money on anything. But, you can also lose money on anything - do your homework.

Thank you. Wish I had the skill to write a strong ad copy. I am not ashamed by any means of what I do for a living and what I am trying to get attention to ... website wise. But Thank You for your reply and your interest.

Well it does take time! I owned a small business once. Seemed like it took forever to make a profit ... but, after I closed down, I was still getting referrals for two years! Maybe I should have been more patient.

I have been doing the small business thing since 2004.

I have been doing the small business thing since 2004.
Forgive me for being so brash - on the internet these days there's no shortage of new entrepreneurs. Apologies for assuming this was the case.

So, more relevant is how fierce online competition is. You are competing against your neighbor and global corporations in the same space. Even YouTube personalities have a staff or corporate sponsorship.

Aa an ASD, I am not competitive minded. At all. I really have to go outside myself to participate in commerce and advertising.

New Threads

Top Bottom