• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Getting a mini trampoline

WereBear

License to Weird
V.I.P Member
When I was a child I loved swinging and spinning on a tire swing. Still do!

After some research on a Sensory Diet I decided the mini-trampoline was my best bet for apartment living in a climate with a lot of snow and cold weather. I'll be on the first floor so it shouldn't bother the neighbors.

Since I can't have a swing at this point...

Any thoughts? Anyone use one to keep their sensory issues in check? Health things?

It's supposed to be great for my immune system, too.

LOL. I loved trampolines as a kid.

1. What is the height of your ceiling? *
2. What does your landlord think?

* Remember "Beetlejuice" ? Getting bounced towards the ceiling can be uh...awkward indoors. :eek:

I remember during my childhood my sister had one for her apartment. I never seen her use it since I didn't live in the same house as her.

I'd like one -got it on my list ,hope it doesn't frighten the cats phoebe and socks are so nervous

LOL. I loved trampolines as a kid.

1. What is the height of your ceiling? *
2. What does your landlord think?

* Remember "Beetlejuice" ? Getting bounced towards the ceiling can be uh...awkward indoors. :eek:

It's a little one -- I am certainly not going to do anything "Jackie Chan" with it. :screamcat:

It's a little one -- I am certainly not going to do anything "Jackie Chan" with it. :screamcat:

And hopefully no one else who may inadvertently gain access to it. Attractive nuisance considerations and all.

So how high can you optimally bounce on it? Yeah, if you can barely clear it with your feet you aren't likely to have your head stuck in the ceiling any time soon.

The 4 year old across the street calls hers a "Jump-o-line" :p

Bounce happens. Oops. :p

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Good idea I like to just stand on trampoline and just feel the bounce. I can't actually jump because it risks damaging my knees (I have ehlers danlos syndrome).

If you do want to bounce or even just stand on, getting a nice springy new mattress (with cushiony-ness) sounds much better to me. The little trampolines hardly have any room and they hurt SO bad if you want to space out and then misstep.

Here it is:

Bungee Rebounder

They have cheap ones, but that can be dangerous. I am considering this a medical expense. To save me money in the long run... my stupid insurance company in the US won't pay for a thing, claiming it is not "medically necessary."

I have one of those, they're cool, my son pretty much has laid claim to it now though. :)

Last edited:
After some research on a Sensory Diet I decided the mini-trampoline was my best bet for apartment

A sensory diet, wow that's an interesting way to reference it. As I can only imagine most of you as looking like your avatars/profile pics, I can't seem to get the picture out of my head now of a scared looking @tree , an overly enthusiastic looking @xudo and a very smug yet happy looking @WereBear all bouncing crazily and cartoon-like on this trampoline (with a boinnnng sound) :D

A sensory diet, wow that's an interesting way to reference it. As I can only imagine most of you as looking like your avatars/profile pics, I can't seem to get the picture out of my head now of a scared looking @tree , an overly enthusiastic looking @xudo and a very smug yet happy looking @WereBear all bouncing crazily and cartoon-like on this trampoline (with a boinnnng sound) :D

Funnily enough, I do love trampolines.

"Sensory Diet" is the phrase they use when it should be "Sensory Lifestyle."

A sensory diet is a group of activities that are specifically scheduled into a child's day to assist with attention, arousal and adaptive responses. The activities are chosen for that child's needs based on sensory integration theory.​

And yes, it gets really annoying to be constantly referred to in autism literature as "the child." Don't these children ever grow up? It is the insidiousness of Cure it! all over again.

With noise and clueless people and other unhappy sensory input, we need counterbalancing forces. We need happy sensory input. Swings, hug machines, trampolines; physical activity of certain kinds "balance us out." (Fiddle toys or music qualify, too.)

It is hard for me to schedule a walk or hike on a consistent basis. And longer ones seem to wear me out afterwards. Joining a gym is not appealing on many levels; I don't need another constant errand in my life. Or the expense. Or sweaty people!

Living on the third floor means no exercise things, but using it on the first floor, and its quietness noted in the reviews of the bungee-type, I think it will work.

As long as I don't get my head stuck in the ceiling...

Last edited:
"Sensory Diet" is the phrase they use when it should be "Sensory Lifestyle."

A sensory diet is a group of activities that are specifically scheduled into a child's day to assist with attention, arousal and adaptive responses. The activities are chosen for that child's needs based on sensory integration theory.​

And yes, it gets really annoying to be constantly referred to in autism literature as "the child." Don't these children ever grow up? It is the insidiousness of Cure it! all over again.

With noise and clueless people and other unhappy sensory input, we need counterbalancing forces. We need happy sensory input. Swings, hug machines, trampolines; physical activity of certain kinds "balance us out." (Fiddle toys or music qualify, too.)

It is hard for me to schedule a walk or hike on a consistent basis. And longer ones seem to wear me out afterwards. Joining a gym is not appealing on many levels; I don't need another constant errand in my life. Or the expense. Or sweaty people!

Living on the third floor means no exercise things, but using it on the first floor, and its quietness noted in the reviews of the bungee-type, I think it will work.

As long as I don't get my head stuck in the ceiling...
True everything goes on about raising autistic children. Does thatmean when I turn 18 my autism will disappear. Congratulations tome on using sarcasm.

New Threads

Top Bottom