• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Geocaching

disconnected

V.I.P Member
B9BB252B-A2E2-42AB-B11A-9657867AAC46.jpeg
Does anyone geocache? I go through spurts of interest with it. I’m glad geocaching gets me in the woods.

I've thought about getting into it; I know my old Psychology/Communication Teacher from High school did it and enjoyed it

Personally I don't do it. But I've found several in the woods and left something with the cache. There used to be a member here, who did this as well. But I haven't seen him on the site in a while.

Didn't use a GPS to find them. The first was on a path that I walk on regularly and the area around a tall broken tree looked 'different'. Was looking at a tiny orange bracket fungus on the trunk of the tree when I saw something inside the hole and pulled it out. Looked inside, and it had many small things, put in a turkey feather I'd found and put it back. It was after that, that I learned about geocaching. Now I look for areas when I snowshoe that seem to have been changed a little.

I went geocaching a couple of times several years ago. It was really fun, although we couldn't find a few of them, but it was still exciting trying to look for them. I might try getting into it again, thanks for bringing up the topic and reminding me :)

While wandering around in a designated wildlife area, I once found a small plastic container tucked up under a log. Looking inside I found a pencil and paper. On the paper were names and dates this cached item was found. Some folks even left short comments.

Another time, while hiking a trail in Blackwater State Park in West Virginia I came across a painted rock with the letters WV on it.

I've never participated in this type of activity but do know of some people that search for items in forested areas during the night.

I used to go hiking/biking outdoors and we would end up geocaching if there happened to be any objects near by. It was just an extra fun thing to do while already in a location rather than specifically going out to do it. I've found some interesting items in the past.

New Threads

Top Bottom