• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

General disposition

V.I.P Member
What is your general disposition like?

My son is the polar opposite to me, he can't stop moving or talking. Typical hyperactive kid.

When I was a kid I was about as much less active than an average kid as a very hyperactive child is more active than an average kid. Basically I daydreamed a lot and got lost in my own thoughts. During my first few years of school I remember teachers always saying that they needed to put a bomb under me - I think that was a common figure of speech back in the early 70s.

I'm not much different now I guess. When I am at work I have found that, despite my social awkwardness, I function a lot better when I am working with people than when I am given long-term tasks and left to my own devices. I need that interaction to keep myself moving forward, otherwise I get stuck on things or just daydream and doodle on a piece of paper or whatever.

I tend to be very calm and quiet, the two most common words used to describe me are nonchalant and sedate. But if I am actually talking I tend to be very sarcastic, and sometimes a bit gruff. But I hardly ever talk, soooo...

I also used to be a hyper active kid. I just could`t stay in one place quietly. Even the doors were locked so I would`t run outside by myself. But today I`m very calm, quiet and stay home most of the time.

Silent, reserved, self-contained, deeply real, independent; syllogistic, conscious; manic, sorrowful, sometimes gullible.

That which is the subtle experience of standing upon a fractured edge of a distant cliff, just without fear (while depression is something else related to epistemic boredom, not actually fear).

As a good I was very self-contained but energetic.

Now I just work better alone, really, still fairly quiet.

I tend to be very calm and quiet, the two most common words used to describe me are nonchalant and sedate. But if I am actually talking I tend to be very sarcastic, and sometimes a bit gruff. But I hardly ever talk, soooo...
I'm also pretty sarcastic.
9 out of 10 times if someone at school asks me a question(and I give them a response as opposed to giving them my 'leave me the **** alone' stare) they'll get some elaborate sarcastic response.
Unless they're someone I consider a friend which is probably like 5 people in my year which consists of around 150 people.
If someone asks me a question which is more academically based, esp. if it's something I'm interested I become a lot more autistic imo though in that I overload them with information.
But I've been doing that less because most people rudely interrupt me or find it weird I know so much about a narrow subject.
When it comes to talking to friends I generally don't talk to them that much. Like if there's a conversation I generally don't contribute anything to it, because even around them I feel like I'm just irritating them when I add contributions(tbh they've made this pretty obvious and done a **** job in general in making me feel like they consider me a friend, frankly), but at least they don't irritate me.
tl;dr: IDK; I have several personas around different people.
EMZ=]

I get really hyper sometimes. For the first time in my life, at this place I am at, people have actually found my complete randomness and hyperactivity FUNNY.

Mimicking people is fun as well.

People tend to say that i am crazy and i can't blame them, i do also mimicking of people and when somebody ask me a question i just put up a weird or funny face in the way of being sarcastic... Other times when i am in a sort of hyper-focus i don't hear others or i won't give an answer
thumbsup.gif

I even told my boss last Tuesday to shut the **** up because i was busy...
dry.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom