• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Geeze... Im losing everything! :(

SimplyWandering

Do any of you have these days where you just lose everything from your keys, to your phone, to your wallet to your mind ...

In the last two weeks I have lost my wallet twice and had to replace my license, credit cards and wallets:( I'm going to have to do it again and it sucks.

Ive been taking care of my mom as she broke her foot and leg and work has been tough.

I want to take a step back for self care, but I just don't have the time, energy and feel that I need to take care of her.

I hope both you and your mom come through the experience with as little trauma as possible.

In the case of losing things, I have done that more often than I care to think about, and that goes for my whole life. Currently, I have two styli for my phone that are in that eternal somewhere that will some times make itself known in a serendipitous manner. You swear you looked there dozens of times and saw nothing, and then... BOOM, there it is.

I am still looking for any one of those styli, but so far they refuse to reveal themselves. Oh, and don't get me started about charge and ATM cards. I also have been known to set my bag nearby at a restaurant, have a couple of glasses of wine with my meal and then walk off without something I carry with me at all times, containing my phone, wallet, and other essentials inside it. My brain only pulled me back into reality when I arrived home and realized I did not have everything, which resulted in a frantic return to the restaurant.

That scenario has happened to me on more than one occasion. SO... I am constantly losing stuff. Sometimes it gets found, sometimes it is in the lost and found of eternity and you have to find the reclamation counter to claim it (good luck with that). :confused:

I lost my drivers lisence once. I turned everything in my car out twice. I looked under the seats, removed the mats etc. Nothing. I concluded I lost it else where and replaced it. This required time off from work, unpaid time. I found that dang thing 2 years later just sitting on the floor under the front oassenger seat. Completely disloyal! Traitorous little bit of plastic!

Cell phones can often be found in the car trunk. I consider it a qiantum cell phone gate.

Geez. Today I found that I lost my Medicare, Medigap, and Part D cards when I was going out to get a COVID booster. I'm stymied, as I try to put things in specific places to avoid that, so if it's not there, I am really at a loss. Then looking through things I found that my National Park geezer pass is missing.

Poor dear, you need to step back and rest. I know there's got to be time in the day to just sit down, even for five minutes and let your mind blank out while you watch the leaves rustle in the trees.

During an especially stressful time in my life, I was constantly buying things I didn't mean to. I'd be at the grocery store, and reach for a can of corn, but when I got home, I'd pull Pork N Beans out of the grocery bag, or I'd reach for Secret antiperspirant, and get really confused when I pulled Right Guard out of the bag.

Adrenal fatigue can lead to a nervous breakdown. At that point you'd be no good to yourself or your sick mother.

You have to take some time for yourself! Maybe in the afternoon when she's napping, you go out and just window shop or do something else that's kind of mindless and enjoyable.

I have a way to find lost items that works most of the time. Buy a new one. The lost item will turn up shortly. A couple of months ago I lost my Leatherman tool, a model that they do not make anymore. I had this one for many years and am lost without it. Finally I decided it was gone forever and bought a new one, as close to the old one that I could get. Within a week I found my old one under my recliner. It had been in the recliner all this time and finally worked its way out. I gave the newest one to my son and have my good old Leatherman back.

One of my strategies for smaller, less expensive items like pens, is to buy lots and lots of them, and then have them all round the house, but also have a reserve in a known place. Then if I lose one, I can always find another.

If you're finding you're misplacing your wallet, have you considered perhaps attaching a lanyard or chain and attaching it to something else (be it a belt loop on a pair of jeans, or the zipper of a purse / bag) to minimize the chances of it wandering off?

If you're finding you're misplacing your wallet, have you considered perhaps attaching a lanyard or chain and attaching it to something else (be it a belt loop on a pair of jeans, or the zipper of a purse / bag) to minimize the chances of it wandering off?

Yah it's my next planned purchase and I bought a couple of those key/item finders.

New Threads

Top Bottom