• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

G'day from Aussie land :)

renaeden

Hi everyone. It's been years since I joined a new board and attempted an introduction, yet here I am.

I was dxed with ADHD in 2004 and HFA in 2005. They're my two main diagnoses.

I live in southern Western Australia near the most isolated city in the world (Perth) and have lived here all my life. I've been to Melbourne and Brisbane though.

I have two jobs - one is helping a fellow autistic with his filing and general household organisation and the other is cleaning for a children's clinic. I do that 5 nights a week. I also volunteer at a Salvation Army second hand shop, I love it there, the people are the best.

I don't know what else to add. But feel free to ask me any questions. :)

Is your salvation army shop only second hand I thought the op shops sold new goods as well

upload_2020-10-13_8-32-0.png

Hi and welcome. Sounds like you keep busy with several interesting jobs. I hope you enjoy it here, now that you've taken the step to join, which sounds like something you haven't done for a while.

:palmtree::dromedarycamel::palmtree::bactriancamel::palmtree::elephant::palmtree:

Your a lucky living in Australia,I lived and travelled for a year 20 years ago.
Ozys really accepted me more than any country in the world.
Plus its so easy to get away from people and hide in the out back.
I drove my Holden Gemini over 27.000 km around starting in Sydney then Melbourne and through the red center to to Darwin then Cairns then Canberra.
It was the best time in my life and miss those days

Sarah S: Thanks very much!

Streetwise: Most of the bigger Salvos stores do stock some brand new things but the store I volunteer at is really small so they don't. There's just not enough room.

tree: thanks for the welcome, love that green font.

Thinx: Last year I made the decision to volunteer to help my mental health. I was starting to drift into depression and I didn't want to end up in hospital again so I applied online to volunteer at the Salvos, then by the next week they took me on. The next two jobs kind of fell into my lap and so now I'm busy.

clg114: I'm still crazy too, heh. Thanks for the welcome.

Intensate: You've seen more of Australia than I have! And a friend of mine had a Holden Gemini, they were reliable cars.

Barymore: Thanks, I'm looking forward to some good reading. :)

Giraffes: I'm a lot more positive than I used to be, circumstances are good, thank you.

VictorR: Thank you, looking forward to getting to know you all.

Sarah S: Thanks very much!

Streetwise: Most of the bigger Salvos stores do stock some brand new things but the store I volunteer at is really small so they don't. There's just not enough room.

tree: thanks for the welcome, love that green font.

Thinx: Last year I made the decision to volunteer to help my mental health. I was starting to drift into depression and I didn't want to end up in hospital again so I applied online to volunteer at the Salvos, then by the next week they took me on. The next two jobs kind of fell into my lap and so now I'm busy.

clg114: I'm still crazy too, heh. Thanks for the welcome.

Intensate: You've seen more of Australia than I have! And a friend of mine had a Holden Gemini, they were reliable cars.

Barymore: Thanks, I'm looking forward to some good reading. :)

Giraffes: I'm a lot more positive than I used to be, circumstances are good, thank you.

VictorR: Thank you, looking forward to getting to know you all.
If you think realistically! you live in a continent ,I live near one but I've never visited every! country, only a quarter and I've visited 4 of them once and one twice and I'm very close to the Scottish border so it's not an hour to france.

New Threads

Top Bottom