• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Funny Lighthearted Banter With Your Family

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
All day my daughter has been tired, so I've kind of let her slack on doing the dishes.

We ended up snuggling in my room, talking about outer space. Then I looked at the clock, and saw it was well after 4:30.

She was in mid sentence about Saturn, and I giggled and told her "Yeah, you're about to bounce off the rings of Saturn if you don't get in there and do the dishes already!"

She came back at me and said, "And I'll bounce right back off the edge of the flat earth, and then into a dragon's mouth!"

I then chased her into the kitchen.

Can you tell a lighthearted story that happened recently with your family?

Last edited:
Dragons ! :)

I feel privileged to have my grandson staying with us - mum and dad are finalising their mortgage application and will be moving out soon,
until then,

My (almost two yr young) grandson and I 'hang out' while mum & dad are at work.

His emergent imagination mainly follows logic with the delightful occasional flourish of (fear based) fantasy.

The darker hallway in our home can be viewed from the kitchen. He's hesitant moving from the kitchen through the hallway owing to the dragons he's decided now hide along the passage.

This week has seen me chasing those dragons away to allow safe passage to the bathroom for toilet training !
there's no common practise or method for dragon slaying so we wing it, much to the amusement of us both.

It only gets awkward when he announces to any adults listening at the local playground that 'Nanna chases the dragon'

I'm not socially inclined to elaborate to inquisitive strangers that I don't do drugs and our hallway is infested with the scaley hided, fire breathing type.

Please feel free to message me with effective Dragon slaying techniques. The task is breaking out into a big job and we're only a team of two noobs :D

Dragons ! :)

I feel privileged to have my grandson staying with us - mum and dad are finalising their mortgage application and will be moving out soon,
until then,

My (almost two yr young) grandson and I 'hang out' while mum & dad are at work.

His emergent imagination mainly follows logic with the delightful occasional flourish of (fear based) fantasy.

The darker hallway in our home can be viewed from the kitchen. He's hesitant moving from the kitchen through the hallway owing to the dragons he's decided now hide along the passage.

This week has seen me chasing those dragons away to allow safe passage to the bathroom for toilet training !
there's no common practise or method for dragon slaying so we wing it, much to the amusement of us both.

It only gets awkward when he announces to any adults listening at the local playground that 'Nanna chases the dragon'

I'm not socially inclined to elaborate to inquisitive strangers that I don't do drugs and our hallway is infested with the scaley hided, fire breathing type.

Please feel free to message me with effective Dragon slaying techniques. The task is breaking out into a big job and we're only a team of two noobs :D
You're a good grandma <3 xo

Had stew and dumplings last night. Never had a dumpling - didn't like it.

My mum asked "How was the dumpling?" I told her the truth, said it might be a texture thing. She told me to "Have a lie down after dinner, as you must not be feeling right."

Lie down and have a rest Ed. Then you'll appreciate how excellent my stodgy dumplings are.

Chef excellence.

Ed

I cannot stand door to door people that bother you wanting to sell you something. My home, my castle so stay the heck off my front porch.

I have a great niece that as 10yo. Her Mom said she saw somebody that didn’t belong in the hood, so the kid took off on her bike with a hammer to run them off.

That kid rocks. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom