• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fun website i found!

Imaginatively_Cute

Eternity_Dreamers
Enter fun here!

Demonstrations Down here...

██████╗░███████╗███╗░░░███╗░░░░░░░█████╗░██╗░░██╗░█████╗░███╗░░██╗
██╔══██╗██╔════╝████╗░████║░░░░░░██╔══██╗██║░░██║██╔══██╗████╗░██║
██████╔╝█████╗░░██╔████╔██║█████╗██║░░╚═╝███████║███████║██╔██╗██║
██╔══██╗██╔══╝░░██║╚██╔╝██║╚════╝██║░░██╗██╔══██║██╔══██║██║╚████║
██║░░██║███████╗██║░╚═╝░██║░░░░░░╚█████╔╝██║░░██║██║░░██║██║░╚███║
╚═╝░░╚═╝╚══════╝╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝░░░░░░░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚══╝

Waͣᴛⷮcͨhͪ oͦuͧᴛⷮ!
And so on, try it out!

You might like to check out old ANSI or ASCII bulletin boards! They made art in the olden days using text characters like this. Some could be quite sophisticated. There's quite a lot still online if you like that sort of thing :)

Well here's a function you dont hear of much these days.

Back in the ol' days of DOS, there were a lot of games (like, A LOT) made using these different symbols and such.

Like this:

castle_000.png

Probably doesnt look like much to most people now, but I played these to death as a kid. Bloody difficult, this one. All the "A" things are monsters, the ☻ is you, get items, solve puzzles, try not to get obliterated...

Generally you could type the symbols in the exact same way on DOS, ALT + keypad, though it was a bit different if actually programming something that used them.

Though back then there were only 256 different ones and they couldnt extend out of their spaces individually. . You couldnt do

S̵͎̟͊̓͜͝T̸̫̻͒̿̔͜Ǘ̴̢͓͓̕F̸̘͊̚͜F̵̝͚̝̈́͛ L̵͓̘̺̓̓̚I̴̡̺͖͘͝K̵͓͕͚̾͒̔E̴̦͖̟̽͝ T̸̢̢̠͒̈́̐Ḧ̸̦͓́͌͋͜I̵̘͚͔̕͠S̵̘͙̽͒̈́

back then.

On a side note, looking at that site, now I see how people were getting random emojis and icons into Youtube comments. I had wondered about that.

Well here's a function you dont hear of much these days.

Back in the ol' days of DOS, there were a lot of games (like, A LOT) made using these different symbols and such.

Like this:

View attachment 104754

Probably doesnt look like much to most people now, but I played these to death as a kid. Bloody difficult, this one. All the "A" things are monsters, the ☻ is you, get items, solve puzzles, try not to get obliterated...

Generally you could type the symbols in the exact same way on DOS, ALT + keypad, though it was a bit different if actually programming something that used them.

Though back then there were only 256 different ones and they couldnt extend out of their spaces individually. . You couldnt do

S̵͎̟͊̓͜͝T̸̫̻͒̿̔͜Ǘ̴̢͓͓̕F̸̘͊̚͜F̵̝͚̝̈́͛ L̵͓̘̺̓̓̚I̴̡̺͖͘͝K̵͓͕͚̾͒̔E̴̦͖̟̽͝ T̸̢̢̠͒̈́̐Ḧ̸̦͓́͌͋͜I̵̘͚͔̕͠S̵̘͙̽͒̈́

back then.

On a side note, looking at that site, now I see how people were getting random emojis and icons into Youtube comments. I had wondered about that.
Reminds me of Nethack and Omega.

My brother, dad, and I spent hours and hours playing Nethack. We had only my cheap-depot 286 with an amber monitor and we would schedule time to play it. ("You've had your hour. It's my turn now."). I never "won" Nethack but my brother and dad did a few times.

My brother then moved onto Omega and played it all the way through.

I found a Nethack phone app about a decade ago and played it for a while. It's still fun.

Reminds me of Nethack and Omega.

My brother, dad, and I spent hours and hours playing Nethack. We had only my cheap-depot 286 with an amber monitor and we would schedule time to play it. ("You've had your hour. It's my turn now."). I never "won" Nethack but my brother and dad did a few times.

My brother then moved onto Omega and played it all the way through.

I found a Nethack phone app about a decade ago and played it for a while. It's still fun.

Nethack is a game I never could get into (despite loving roguelikes) but its history fascinates me.

Started in 1987, Wikipedia says. Here we are, 2023, it's still in constant development.

New Threads

Top Bottom