• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

From Cheery and Jolly to Angry and Bitter: How The World And Its People Betrayed Me

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I can't remember the last time I actually had a good day. I cannot for the life of me recall the most previous moment in time that I was able to go about my day and smile the whole time.

Nowadays of course, I am smiling, but not because I want to; it's because *somebody* has made it a rule that I have to smile. It's always "You got nothing to be upset about! Put a damn smile on your face! Be happy for once! Take it with a grain of salt blah blah blah!" Well if it's so [bleep] easy, why don't YOU do it?! Cause I sure don't see YOU smiling right now!

Noooo, you have to "make the best of a bad situation" and "be like Elsa from Frozen and LET IT GOOOOOOOO" Yeah, I'll let something go, how about the blunt end of my [bleep] knuckles?! Oh, but violence isn't the answer! So I can't do that...

What the [bleep] is wrong with these people's heads?! Have they not turned on the news and seen how many people were murdered last night, let alone kidnapped or otherwise inconvenienced?! Have they not seen all the back-and-forth attack/defense ads against/for President A and President B who shall not be named otherwise because I don't have the mental energy to argue with anybody about it?! No, no it's totally fine. Everything's just fine in the world right now, everything's just ho-hum hunky dory Tinky Winky PEACHY RIGHT NOW!

I don't even know whether I'm supposed to be angry at this or depressed about it. I've always known that having emotions that match what's happening to you or somebody else is just human nature, but then you have people with opposite opinions of these different conversations about it that are also adept at being emotionally abusive or otherwise a mental chessmaster, for lack of a better term, so then they listen for things you say and when it's their turn to talk, they use those things against you as if they're the ones who said it first and you are just some kind of mouthpiece for it. Not that that last part has anything to do with this but hopefully you can see the type of connection I'm trying to make.

When I was a younger kid, NOT a teenager, I used to look at the glass half-full. I used to smile at everything, be able to look everyone and everything in the face with the most stoneface expression, and yet I was still able to say that I had a good day. Then I became a teenager and realized just how cruel, stupid, evil and crafty people are, not to mention pure crazy or otherwise messed up in the head, as soon as I got dumped into EC (Exceptional Child) classes at the schools I went to. Basically this meant, for those unaware, that I was in a classroom aligned to the same level of disability that I was dealing with, albeit not explicitly the exact same disabilities as some of my classmates weren't all autistic, some just simply had ADHD, ADD, OCD or something ending with a D... course that also didn't mean that everyone was able to understand what being autistic was really like, so I had to explain it to them multiple times, mainly because the topic of it I focused on the most was that nobody can often understand or comprehend anything you say, regardless of what it is or how clearly you say it; I'd often tell them it would be like if I just gave a presidential speech using 2nd Grade Language Arts skills and everybody would just look at me like I just declared war on the Andromeda system in fluent Klingon. Finally I just dumbed it down to "Young man have coo-coo spider living on brain" because nobody could [bleep] understand me otherwise.

Whether this is where the relentless teasing and bullying started and gradually evolved over time, I don't think I'll ever know, but nonetheless from that point on, it started with name calling like "dumb***", the infamous R-word that shall not be spoken, among others...

Then after that, personal attacks. I would get up with everyone else during a transition to another class to hear paper rustling from behind me, then I'd reach behind me to feel some tape with paper hanging off it...and I'd pull that out from behind me to find that somebody who doesn't appreciate ASD had drawn a stick figure comic of me falling down the stairs into a tub of my own [CENSORED].

Then it evolved into mimicking all of my little bodily tics and verbal tendencies, until that went as far as to blatantly plagiarize things that required me to sign my name or otherwise have my own perspective of whatever we were writing some kind of report about... to which said bully would then sign MY name over THEIR work... you'd think that with teachers that know how to tell other's handwriting apart would be able to rule the odd one out, but lo and behold when I find out that they weren't just mimicking my writing style but also my handwriting as well!!!

Needless to say I was actually quite surprised when a teacher in the hallway saw me grab this kid in the hallway by the shoulders and Rocket Screw him into the double doors on the way out...and told me to my face that I wasn't even in trouble for it because somehow she had heard and seen the whole thing... ("Rocket Screw" is taken from a combat technique I had programmed into one of my RPG Maker projects at the time... you grab the victim from behind, spin yourself around to the opposite side of their body, throw them outward in a twisting motion and follow up with a kick as hard as you can with the torque coming from the knee...it's a lot simpler than it sounds and provided the victim doesn't see it coming or know how to counter it, it is nearly guaranteed to screw them over physically.)

Can anyone blame me for being who I am now, honestly? Corrupted spiritually by years, nay, decades of being shamed, shunned and put down for all mannerism of misunderstanding, the worst of these being accused of something I'm not?

This is why the other day I just finally said "Well, if this society wants to me to be evil so bad, why not give them what they want? Why not just live up to what they apparently want to see? It sure is a hell of a lot easier than trying to undo what they think of me..."

Well, I guess "Affably Evil", but still...be careful what you wish for.

School sucks. Can still remember horror scenes from high school. Don't know how you younglings conquer high school.

This is why I just ignored bullies in school (mostly), only giving them a look of absolute disdain.

The sort of look you give when you accidentally step in dog poo.

I never said a word otherwise. Why try to converse with dog poo? That's just silly. Didnt get physical either. Why would I try to smack a pile of dog poo? That's even sillier.

It's amazing, really. You can WATCH the stupid scroll across a bully's face, when they dont get the reaction they thought they would. It's even better if you outright laugh at them.

I never tired of it. Highlight of each day.

I've said it a million times, and I'll say it a million times more: Dont feed the trolls. "Bullies" are just a subset of "trolls". Trolls get all hilarious when starved.

And as for this....

Have they not seen all the back-and-forth attack/defense ads against/for President A and President B who shall not be named otherwise because I don't have the mental energy to argue with anybody about it?!

I'll give the same advice I always give: Ignore politics. ALL of it.

All. Of. It. No exceptions.

I have quite a few VERY politically-minded people in my life. So convinced that they're "making a difference". They're into it. And I mean REALLY into it.

Know what they've accomplished? Ruining relationships with some family members. Childish namecalling. Pointless criticisms. Constant foul moods and very shallow interests. THEY ARE OVER 60 FREAKING YEARS OLD and they act like agitated toddlers half the time. They used to be funloving, happy people, and then they got into that nonsense, and it changed them.

I've said THIS before too, and I'll say it again here: politics as a whole is toxic. It is poison. Engaging in/with it, even just LISTENING to it, never, EVER ends well. On top of that the media takes it and OBSESSES over it, particularly anything "controversial", inflating things even further to agitate everyone (gets them ratings, and thus, profit). Ignore it. Ignore it all. Note that the media is even worse when it comes to giving you "news". I've ranted about THAT before on this forum. Needless to say, I dont waste my time or kill braincells by reading/watching it.

If someone wants to "make a difference", get the hell out there and volunteer to help the poor or something. Or at an animal shelter. THAT sort of thing is how you make a difference. Once this blasted pandemic is over, I'm going to force them to see that. Bah.

As for the political ADS.... well, this is all the more reason why I watch Youtube instead of TV. What's that? Youtube has ads? Not on my end they dont. Yay for adblockers!

There, I'm done. Sorry, I've got too much energy today. A bit less coherent than normal.

I can't remember the last time I actually had a good day. I cannot for the life of me recall the most previous moment in time that I was able to go about my day and smile the whole time.

Nowadays of course, I am smiling, but not because I want to; it's because *somebody* has made it a rule that I have to smile. It's always "You got nothing to be upset about! Put a damn smile on your face! Be happy for once! Take it with a grain of salt blah blah blah!" Well if it's so [bleep] easy, why don't YOU do it?! Cause I sure don't see YOU smiling right now!

Noooo, you have to "make the best of a bad situation" and "be like Elsa from Frozen and LET IT GOOOOOOOO" Yeah, I'll let something go, how about the blunt end of my [bleep] knuckles?! Oh, but violence isn't the answer! So I can't do that...

What the [bleep] is wrong with these people's heads?! Have they not turned on the news and seen how many people were murdered last night, let alone kidnapped or otherwise inconvenienced?! Have they not seen all the back-and-forth attack/defense ads against/for President A and President B who shall not be named otherwise because I don't have the mental energy to argue with anybody about it?! No, no it's totally fine. Everything's just fine in the world right now, everything's just ho-hum hunky dory Tinky Winky PEACHY RIGHT NOW!

I don't even know whether I'm supposed to be angry at this or depressed about it. I've always known that having emotions that match what's happening to you or somebody else is just human nature, but then you have people with opposite opinions of these different conversations about it that are also adept at being emotionally abusive or otherwise a mental chessmaster, for lack of a better term, so then they listen for things you say and when it's their turn to talk, they use those things against you as if they're the ones who said it first and you are just some kind of mouthpiece for it. Not that that last part has anything to do with this but hopefully you can see the type of connection I'm trying to make.

When I was a younger kid, NOT a teenager, I used to look at the glass half-full. I used to smile at everything, be able to look everyone and everything in the face with the most stoneface expression, and yet I was still able to say that I had a good day. Then I became a teenager and realized just how cruel, stupid, evil and crafty people are, not to mention pure crazy or otherwise messed up in the head, as soon as I got dumped into EC (Exceptional Child) classes at the schools I went to. Basically this meant, for those unaware, that I was in a classroom aligned to the same level of disability that I was dealing with, albeit not explicitly the exact same disabilities as some of my classmates weren't all autistic, some just simply had ADHD, ADD, OCD or something ending with a D... course that also didn't mean that everyone was able to understand what being autistic was really like, so I had to explain it to them multiple times, mainly because the topic of it I focused on the most was that nobody can often understand or comprehend anything you say, regardless of what it is or how clearly you say it; I'd often tell them it would be like if I just gave a presidential speech using 2nd Grade Language Arts skills and everybody would just look at me like I just declared war on the Andromeda system in fluent Klingon. Finally I just dumbed it down to "Young man have coo-coo spider living on brain" because nobody could [bleep] understand me otherwise.

Whether this is where the relentless teasing and bullying started and gradually evolved over time, I don't think I'll ever know, but nonetheless from that point on, it started with name calling like "dumb***", the infamous R-word that shall not be spoken, among others...

Then after that, personal attacks. I would get up with everyone else during a transition to another class to hear paper rustling from behind me, then I'd reach behind me to feel some tape with paper hanging off it...and I'd pull that out from behind me to find that somebody who doesn't appreciate ASD had drawn a stick figure comic of me falling down the stairs into a tub of my own [CENSORED].

Then it evolved into mimicking all of my little bodily tics and verbal tendencies, until that went as far as to blatantly plagiarize things that required me to sign my name or otherwise have my own perspective of whatever we were writing some kind of report about... to which said bully would then sign MY name over THEIR work... you'd think that with teachers that know how to tell other's handwriting apart would be able to rule the odd one out, but lo and behold when I find out that they weren't just mimicking my writing style but also my handwriting as well!!!

Needless to say I was actually quite surprised when a teacher in the hallway saw me grab this kid in the hallway by the shoulders and Rocket Screw him into the double doors on the way out...and told me to my face that I wasn't even in trouble for it because somehow she had heard and seen the whole thing... ("Rocket Screw" is taken from a combat technique I had programmed into one of my RPG Maker projects at the time... you grab the victim from behind, spin yourself around to the opposite side of their body, throw them outward in a twisting motion and follow up with a kick as hard as you can with the torque coming from the knee...it's a lot simpler than it sounds and provided the victim doesn't see it coming or know how to counter it, it is nearly guaranteed to screw them over physically.)

Can anyone blame me for being who I am now, honestly? Corrupted spiritually by years, nay, decades of being shamed, shunned and put down for all mannerism of misunderstanding, the worst of these being accused of something I'm not?

This is why the other day I just finally said "Well, if this society wants to me to be evil so bad, why not give them what they want? Why not just live up to what they apparently want to see? It sure is a hell of a lot easier than trying to undo what they think of me..."

Well, I guess "Affably Evil", but still...be careful what you wish for.
If you do evil acts there are consequences! that you may not be able to cope with ,different religions different takes on it ,science has their take on it Yeshua(Jesus) 2000 years ago said to arable farmers "as you sow you shall reap" in Gethsemane to Peter "those who live by the sword shall die by the sword" looking at Peter (apostle)and the temple guard(Levite's) I know nothing about other faiths or science.

i think about this. i think about how every day i live is worse than teh day before. i think about how i gotta keep my head up, but its already submerged in the murk of depression.

however i am also motivated to keep going, because so many people dont believe in me. now i realize why people dont believe in me. but i also realized if i quit (quit following my passion, quit treating people using the golden rule philosophy, quit constantly trying to improve myself because i am both creative and smart, and i am inclined to do this), then "i lose", and depression wins. i hate everything now, but i am still happy i didnt let my evil half win. that evil half is just a personification of all the bad things people have taught me my whole life.
the voice is just really REALLY loud

Yeah, high school sucks. That's not the worst of it nowadays though. High School has turned into the evil Blob from that stupid 1950s horror movie, oozing over the world and turning every social situation it touches into high school. Junior college? Yep. Trade schools? Ditto. Neighborhoods? YAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! Heck even entire parts of cities (like downtowns) are now just big high schools. Everybody has their cliques and their clique defines their world. Not joining in the fun is not an option. The day when you could be "that weird guy in that apartment building on XXXX Street" is GONE. You have your group, your group defines you. It's not hard to see why Communism has enjoyed such a resurgence among young people-what I described IS Communism. The individual does not exist except as part of a collective. You are not a person, you are simply a cog in the machine to which you have been assigned. Being a hermit is basically the only option for the nonconformist.

It's amazing, really. You can WATCH the stupid scroll across a bully's face, when they dont get the reaction they thought they would.

I think the above is a non physical equivalent of your "Rocket Screw"

The 'thinking man's' Rocket Screw :)

If the bullies are going through their repertoire and you're,

inwardly awarding points out of ten for their creativity, methods and cunning
or stupidity,

but outwardly showing no reaction at all,
(yes it will be tough to begin with)
You're not motivating them.

By that I mean they need a reaction to continue. Your reaction fuels their passion.
They may eventually get bored if you don't react.

The world doesn't want you to be evil.
There's enough of that already without you joining in.

High school is a rite of passage and doesn't last forever.
Keep your head down and your grades up and you'll be out of there before you know it.

It's sad to read you're going through a tough time.

New Threads

Top Bottom