• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Free Coffee at Starbucks

Should I accept free coffee at Starbucks?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

V.I.P Member
As I've said before, I live in a mall.

The girls in Starbucks are crazy about my 22 month old daughter. So much so that they watch the lifts and when they see me coming downstairs with her they run around to the door of the residents' lobby and try to twist my arm to come to Starbucks.

I usually don't mind because I get an hour or so of free childminding from the girls while I surf the net.

But lately the girls are insisting that I don't have to pay for my coffee. I feel really guilty about it. What should I do?

Are you married? If not, perhaps the free coffee is their way of flirting (although not necessarily guaranteeing anything beyond that)

Ultimately I say yes, take it. If they like your kid so much they wanna hand you free coffee than enjoy =)
Congradulate yourself on a well developed offspring =)

I'm married and they know my wife. I'm pretty sure it isn't flirting. I hope it isn't flirting, I live in this mall and I really want to honour the whole "'til death us do part" thing.

I'm at Starbucks now. Grande Latte, Grande Hot Chocolate for my son, plate of donuts (which I shouldn't eat because I am gluten intolerant). No cost. I'm trying to hand over the money and they are waving it off and ringing up "no sale" every time.

I think it is a tad funny that a married guy made a thread about being terrified of women =)

The nice thing about being Aspie, is that you can use your 'ways' as an excuse for a lot of things =) like if something flies over your head you can just claim that it is typical for you to not get something the first time around. So even if it becomes apparent that they are flirting you can ignore it and pretend they are just good friends.

If you are going to get free stuff from them tho, try getting things that are healthy for your body =)

^This is Starbucks we are talking about. I guess I could try to score a free green tea... but I can drink that at home.

The staff at Starbucks get one free beverage per day (which they can drink themselves or give to a friend), and some of the girls have been giving me their free beverage to encourage me to come to Starbucks and bring my daughter along. We score other free stuff from other cafes and restaurants as well - balloons, cookies.

Way too much obsessing over coffee :) And if you are married and doubting yourself this much that you are posting on here about it, I wonder if anything anyone says is going to penetrate your guilt/lack of self confidence. Is there more here than meets the eye or is this a deeper self doubt about your morals and ethics going on?

-sean-

Way too much obsessing over coffee :) And if you are married and doubting yourself this much that you are posting on here about it, I wonder if anything anyone says is going to penetrate your guilt/lack of self confidence. Is there more here than meets the eye or is this a deeper self doubt about your morals and ethics going on?

-sean-

Obsessing? Just looking for a bit of friendly advice as to what I should do in that situation. Too much reading between the lines going on if you ask me. :)

My last post didn't really sum things up very well. I was concerned that the staff at Starbucks were effectively "stealing" coffee to give to me. Which I was extremely uncomfortable about, for ethical reasons and also out of concern that they might get into trouble or even lose their jobs. This turns out not to be the case, as they are just giving me their own free beverage for the day.

Obsessing? Just looking for a bit of friendly advice as to what I should do in that situation. Too much reading between the lines going on if you ask me. :)

My last post didn't really sum things up very well. I was concerned that the staff at Starbucks were effectively "stealing" coffee to give to me. Which I was extremely uncomfortable about, for ethical reasons and also out of concern that they might get into trouble or even lose their jobs. This turns out not to be the case, as they are just giving me their own free beverage for the day.

Uh huh. And you went all out just to ocnvey that one point. About coffee. If you already knew the answer, then why did you ask? Was this a rhetorical question or just another case of you thinking you know more than everyone else here responding to your posts ;)? Look man, it's obvious to me your insecurities are getting way out of hand. If you feel the need to overanalyze such things like this that hold very little substance or emotional value (except in your eyes) then don't be surprised when you get a cynical response to your need for attention. Don't create threads and attack/criticize others who respond to your questions in the way they see fit.

Uh huh. And you went all out just to ocnvey that one point. About coffee. If you already knew the answer, then why did you ask? Was this a rhetorical question or just another case of you thinking you know more than everyone else here responding to your posts ;)? Look man, it's obvious to me your insecurities are getting way out of hand. If you feel the need to overanalyze such things like this that hold very little substance or emotional value (except in your eyes) then don't be surprised when you get a cynical response to your need for attention. Don't create threads and attack/criticize others who respond to your questions in the way they see fit.

Not thinking I know more than everyone else responding. Just you. Not attacking/criticizing others. Just you. I made the initial post because I was getting free coffee and I was uncomfortable about that. The situation was cleared up long ago without your helps. But thanks for the encouragement and the words of wisdom anyway dude.

Not thinking I know more than everyone else responding. Just you. Not attacking/criticizing others. Just you. I made the initial post because I was getting free coffee and I was uncomfortable about that. The situation was cleared up long ago without your helps. But thanks for the encouragement and the words of wisdom anyway dude.

You attacked me in every post you made the other day lol. And I'm the one attacking lol? You are the prototypical hypocrite man. You're the one sitting on here waiting on my next response so you can continue your one sided boring arguments. Read as crusades to deny your own inadequacies and insecurities. And I hope I encouraged you enough to stop your obsession with attacking those who obviously have a clue in things when you sadly don't :) Oh and don't bother responding anymore, because from this point on you will be talking to yourself. And I have this feeling you probably already do that quite often i.r.l. Good luck.

-sean-

New Threads

Top Bottom