• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Found this "inofficial" checklist for Females with AS

nightowl

This list is created by Samantha Craft .

Day 62: Females with Asperger’s Syndrome (Non-Official) Checklist | Everyday Asperger's

I personally felt as if I was reading about myself, and my feelings were very mixed, a kind of relief knowing that others feel exactly like myself, sadness because I haven't been able to find out until now when I'm in my 50s. But that being said, from now on, I don't have to worry anymore. Now that I know that I most likely have AS.

Wow this is really accurate! I've read lists of symptoms geared at female aspies before but i'll have to say this is the most thorough list I have ever seen! And i did a lot of reading earlier on trying to determine if i could be on the spectrum or not. This list describes me to a 't'.

I have about 98% of the traits mentioned to one degree or another. I could probably comment specifically on most of it, but that would be a book in itself. :) Thanks for the link!

About 90% of these describe me, except the bottom section about executive functioning. Unless I'm extremely depressed, my executive functioning and physical coordination seem to be pretty good. I was always able to pick up a moderate level of skill in any sport or on any musical instrument I actually cared about, though I was never the "best" at any of them. One time, I was given an IQ test where they had each of us assemble pipes and bolts and connectors and things to match a diagram. The guy giving me the test said he had never had anyone finish so quickly and get such a high score.

About 95% of these fit me perfectly. :)

I question a couple of things on the first section (but some of it still fit (or maybe it’s more like I’d like some more info. (what do they mean with deep thinker… etc)))
I do like to write but not poetry.
“Serious and matter of fact in nature”… Nope, not really, pretty much the opposite actually. I used to be though but sort of out grew that.
“Analyzes existence, the meaning of life, and everything continually”… Not anymore.
“Doesn’t simply”… Sure I do, most of the time actually, b/c people are dumb.

But other than that pretty much spot on.

Last edited:
That's a great list, thanks for posting it. I've bookmarked that blog and will read it all later (and yes I will read all of the blog - Escapes regularly through fixations, obsessions, and over-interest in subjects after all :)) I'd say the list is probably about 90% accurate for me.

I flunked "innocent" and "confusion". I guess I just watched people so much I was pretty well versed in lies and cons.

This list is created by Samantha Craft .

Day 62: Females with Asperger’s Syndrome (Non-Official) Checklist | Everyday Asperger's

I personally felt as if I was reading about myself, and my feelings were very mixed, a kind of relief knowing that others feel exactly like myself, sadness because I haven't been able to find out until now when I'm in my 50s. But that being said, from now on, I don't have to worry anymore. Now that I know that I most likely have AS.
I sing and chant words frequently so much so my friends hubby calls me tweetie.

Also I still "collect" people, I feel bad about it but I just fall in love with personalities and have to have them...

my god I need to copy this list, it's so so true

New Threads

Top Bottom