• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Food stuff!

JDartistic

Do you have to do this with your food?

I'm constantly having to remind myself what works & what doesn't.

I'm so sad that I do this...but I'd feel better if you do it, too!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424651007.528317.jpg

No, I don't do this, but I have a recipe book and make notes in it as to what was good and what wasn't. I also jot down any mistakes I made as not to repeat them the next time. My mum always did this, too.

Honestly, I have recipes, but I use them only as a base. I panic if everything has to be perfect. This is why I don't bake. About the third time I have to level off a teaspoon, I lose it and start dumping random stuff into the mix. It rarely ends well. I always have to throw something different into a recipe, and I estimate the amounts. 1/4 cup? Ah this bit I just dumped into a coffee cup looks about right. That's why I get a lot of stuff from Rachel Ray. Her directions are "about half or so, then a small palm full of this, half a pinch of that" I cook until it tastes good. Not having to perfectly follow the endless directions makes it much less stressful for me.

I have just a few recipes. I get overloaded & have to remind myself what I like. But then worry I'll forget, so I write it done sometimes in the box - like above!

It's embarrassing. I always have to remember to hide it when I have company! Otherwise it looks weird! LOL

New Threads

Top Bottom