• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fixation on a fictional character

Peeta

Anybody had a fixation with a fictional character? Whether it's a book, show, game, comic? My fixations/obsessions tend to go for that. I will want to know all about that character. Look up fanart/comics, read/watch/play the thing they're in over and over again. Can't stop thinking about them, making theories about their role in their medium. Obsessing over fan theories etc. Like, not a crush (though sometimes I wonder), but just a deep interest in one single fictional character. And it doesn't even have to be from a medium I'm currently enjoying.

In the past I've obsessed over Link (Zelda), Zuko (Avatar), Elsa (Frozen), Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians), Jasmine (Aladdin), Ellen (Folklore) and Starscream (Transformers).

My current obsession? Sans from Undertale. Here's the kicker: I NEVER PLAYED THE GAME! It's driving me absolutely insane. Why can't I obsess over something productive? Like collecting gold coins or something. :p

Anybody had a fixation with a fictional character? Whether it's a book, show, game, comic? My fixations/obsessions tend to go for that. I will want to know all about that character. Look up fanart/comics, read/watch/play the thing they're in over and over again. Can't stop thinking about them, making theories about their role in their medium. Obsessing over fan theories etc. Like, not a crush (though sometimes I wonder), but just a deep interest in one single fictional character. And it doesn't even have to be from a medium I'm currently enjoying.

In the past I've obsessed over Link (Zelda), Zuko (Avatar), Elsa (Frozen), Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians), Jasmine (Aladdin), Ellen (Folklore) and Starscream (Transformers).

My current obsession? Sans from Undertale. Here's the kicker: I NEVER PLAYED THE GAME! It's driving me absolutely insane. Why can't I obsess over something productive? Like collecting gold coins or something. :p
I literally do the same thing and Sans is one of my character fixations too but the thing is if i find a new character to obsess over then i never forget the old ones so i have TONS of characters that i am still fixated with just as much

Not fictional characters but I do frequently become interested in people playing characters in movies/TV shows. But it is almost always very brief, not lasting much longer then it takes to look them up on Wiki or IMDB. It is like I am most curious while they are an unknown.

I've always been too fixative with my favourite characters, whether they're my crushes or just an intriguing creatures. Although I'm not into fanfic and such, I can spend really much time on just thinking about my fixation character. Of course, I draw them too. :) But to be honest... It's almost impossible to draw something else than my favourite characters, ugh. And I even dare to call myself an artist... Yeah right.

Not fictional characters but I do frequently become interested in people playing characters in movies/TV shows. But it is almost always very brief, not lasting much longer then it takes to look them up on Wiki or IMDB. It is like I am most curious while they are an unknown.

That's exactly the same I do, actually! Never thought about it very much, tho.:eek:
There is something really appealing, seeing actors in action, when you don't know their real name or you're not certain who they actually are, as a person.

I think it s finding out there story. Learning all there reactions and thoughts to different situations and applying them to your own life. For instance i did with Sherlock Holmes. And for a time could understand and utilize his methods.

I actually have crushes on Monster Hunter characters. I like:
Guildmarm (Four Ultimate)
Commander (World)
Ace Gunner (Four Ultimate)
Moga Chief's Son (Tri/3 Ultimate)
Yukumo village chief (Portable 3rd/Generations/Generations Ultimate)
Admiral (World)

I wouldn't say I fixate. I have my favourites of course, and I wish I knew real people like them.
My favourite characters generally have some traits I can relate to a well as some that I admire (or just find adorable), and some traits that could be interpreted as autistic traits.

I think I need to meet some fellow autists in real life!

I've fixated on various fictional characters many times over, ever since I was a kid.

Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon) as well as Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell) and Vito Scaletta (Mafia II)

Right now, I've been thinking a lot about Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh) and Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2)

Yeah, I've gone through instances like this in the past.

One that comes to mind from when I was younger was the Fairy Godmother from Disney's Cinderella (the animated version). I very much liked her caring Grandmother vibe which just made me smile, while she'd also make me laugh with her quirky personality and how she could do so many great things and yet miss the obvious.
The best example of the latter was when she spent all the time getting everything ready for Cinderella to go to the ball and gets ready to leave, only to then realize that Cinderella's dress is in an absolute state. :D

Additionally, I think I liked her more because after all the crap that Cinderella had to put with from her step-family abusing her and treating her like a slave, seeing her appear just to give Cinderella one genuinely happy night after she'd hit her breaking point was rather heartwarming.
I also get the feeling she made it so the glass slippers would stay when everything else returned to normal, which of course helped Cinderella get a genuinely happy ending away from her abusers.

I obsess over characters a bit.
My main ones being Tinkerbell and Erza Scarlett from Fairytail

images - 2023-09-05T094627.359.jpeg

She shares my love of cake ^-^

I always thought it was weird and dumb to have a literal crush on a fictional character, even though it's okay to like the character. Sometimes it's even creepy and gross, especially if that character is underage, and the excuse is that they aren't real, or the character looks 12 years old but is really 5000 years or whatever.

The last thing I want is to post a picture of one of my female characters and see a dozen posts from people saying how much they want to "bang her" or whatever. I feel like I can't even draw female characters anymore, no matter how they look.

New Threads

Top Bottom